Ranger Station Echo is a location in the Mojave Wasteland in 2281. It is located equidistant from the cliffside prospector camp to the northeast and Coyote Mines to the southwest. The New California Republic has established a ranger station here to observe and convey the movements of Caesar's Legion at Cottonwood Cove.
The station consists of a few structures including a sandbag overlook, shack, and tent. A large radio tower protrudes from the clifftop. The station can be accessed from the west and is inaccessible from any other direction. The Courier can initiate dialogue with the commanding officer, Ranger Erasmus, to gain insight on current events. Comm Officer Green operates the radio. There are a few radioactive craters to the south of the camp. The southern-most crater is filled with radioactive water that results in upwards of 2 rads per second.
- Ranger Erasmus
- Comm Officer Green
- Private Kyle Edwards (optional, following the quest We Will All Go Together)
- Many of the individuals stationed here are ghouls. This is unique to this station.
- Even if the Legion presence has been removed from Cottonwood Cove, Comm Officer Green will still mention that there is "nothing going on down there at the moment, just the usual slave trafficking."
- Similar to other NCR-held positions, this station can feature NCR Veteran Rangers starting at level 16, as long as the player character has reached one of the main faction's endgame quests.
- Sometimes Legionary assassins will spawn at the bottom of the hill leading to the station. Even if the attack is repulsed, named characters in the camp may die without intervention.
- Private Kyle Edwards can be found here after the conclusion of the quest We Will All Go Together if the Courier suggests he goes here.
Ranger station Echo appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.