The central office for the Kanawha National Park, the building served as the nucleus of Ranger preservation efforts across the national park - or at least would have, if it wasn't for personal conflicts between the two lead Rangers.
Two United States Forest Service rangers named Simons and Ross were responsible for caring for the surrounding park area. The two rangers clashed with regards to what their role as park rangers was and what sort of damage was being done to the park and the local beaver population by visitors. In particular, Ross refused to sign off on hunting permits because he believed the local beaver population was on the verge of collapse.
Their disagreement was not helped by instances of pranking, where Ross began stealing food from Simons and Simons threatened to report Ross to the head office, in addition to accusing him of not doing his job.
The location is made up of three buildings - the main office building, a small shed, and a large barn to the back of the main building. After entering the main building via the front door, there is a large front desk area. There is a locked wall safe (Picklock 1) behind the front desk, beside the right-most display case with a blue garden gnome in it. To the right of the reception is a small lounge area with a fireplace, some couches, and a Nuka-Cola machine. There is also a door leading to the back of the building and Ranger Ross' office. To the left of reception is a corridor connected to multiple rooms.
The first room is Ranger Ross' office which doubles as a medical area. There are a beaver corpse on the stretcher here, as well as two first aides and Ranger Ross' terminal. Following the corridor further leads to a storage closet opened either via a terminal (Hacker 2) or by lockpicking (Picklock 2), then a bathroom with a skeleton inside, and finally Ranger Simons' office. Ranger Simons' office contains his terminal as well as a locked safe in the corner of the office (Picklock 3). There may also be a potential Vault-Tec bobblehead on the filing cabinets by the desk.
The barn behind the building is marked as a restricted area. It contains a row of cages on one side of the building and cabinets on the other side. Some of the cages have beaver corpses in them. The small shed next to the main building contains an armor workbench and first aid box, but nothing much else of note.
- C.H. Monthly, January - Note, in the same room as the animal cages, underneath a surgical cart shelf. It cannot be collected.
- Hunting - Holotape, on the desk next to Ranger Simons' terminal.
- Sign those permits - Holotape, on the front desk.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - In the northwest office, on the filing cabinets near Ranger Simons' terminal and the locked safe (3).
- Potential magazine - In the eastern end of the lodge office, on the coffee table in front of the stone fireplace.
- Two potential armor mods:
- In the barn near a small metal table.
- Next to the armor workbench in the same barn, on a lower metal shelf.
- Chainsaw - On a cabinet, in the barn with the cages.
The ranger district office appears only in Fallout 76.