Just a day before the bombs fell, a girl ran away from her home presumably because she found out she was pregnant and was shunned by her parents when she told them. The girl recounts her story of leaving home and hiding out in the cabin in the runaway's holotape, which can be found inside the cabin.
- Wasteland Survival Guide Issue #8, on the bedside cabinet inside the cabin.
- Runaway's holotape, in a suitcase next to the skeleton laying on the mattress.
- If Codsworth is traveling with the Sole Survivor as a companion when the Ranger cabin is being explored, he may make a remark about how sad the scene inside the cabin is, and how he hopes that the girl wasn't alone when the bombs fell.
- If Danse is present, he may comment "rest well, little one."
- If Curie is present, she may comment, "Oh, the poor little girl." or, "So dirty! Whomever owns this place should be ashamed." or, "Here I am with no duster."
- If Robert Joseph MacCready is present, he may comment, "I've never seen something so beautiful.", though it doesn't seem to be in reference to the scene in the cabin.
The Ranger cabin only appears in Fallout 4.