The station consists of a few structures including a sandbag overlook, shack, and tent. A large radio tower protrudes from the clifftop. The station can be accessed from the west and is inaccessible from any other direction. The Courier can initiate dialogue with the commanding officer, Ranger Erasmus, to gain insight on current events. Comm Officer Green operates the radio. There are a few radioactive craters to the south of the camp. The southern-most crater is filled with radioactive water that results in upwards of 2 rads per second.
- Many of the individuals stationed here are ghouls. This is unique to this station.
- Even if the Legion presence has been removed from Cottonwood Cove, Comm Officer Green will still mention that there is "nothing going on down there at the moment, just the usual slave trafficking."
- Similar to other NCR-held positions, this station can feature NCR Veteran Rangers starting at level 16, as long as the player character has reached one of the main faction's endgame quests.
- Sometimes Legionary assassins will spawn at the bottom of the hill leading to the station. Even if the attack is repulsed, named characters in the camp may die without intervention.
- Private Kyle Edwards can be found here after the conclusion of the quest We Will All Go Together if the Courier suggests this location.
Ranger Station Echo appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland: Ranger Station Echo, p. 420: "This is arguably the most remote of the Ranger Stations. Look for the radio mast to guide you to the small encampment. The place is run by Ranger Erasmus, who watches the Legion’s movement toward Cottonwood Cove [6.20]. The rest of the Rangers are Ghouls, as this particular camp is friendly to these type of folk. Comm Officer Green (the other Smoothskin) operates the radio, and you can quiz him about troop movements too."