Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This large, double-action revolver is a rare, scopeless variant of the hunting revolver. It is used exclusively by the New California Republic Rangers and is carried only by an NCR Veteran Ranger after 20 years of service. This revolver features a dark finish with intricate engravings etched all around the weapon. Engraved along the barrel are the words "For Honorable Service," and "Against All Tyrants." The handgrip bears the symbol of the NCR Rangers, a bear, and a brass plate attached to the bottom that reads "20 Years."
Despite being a one-handed revolver, this is not a holdout weapon, meaning that, even at a Sneak skill of 100, it will not pass a search when entering a weapon-free location, such as a casino, where one is asked to turn over their weapons.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The Ranger Sequoia can fire a total of about 745 standard rounds, the equivalent of 149 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard & HP||745||149|
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Hunting revolver - A less powerful, yet more valuable scoped variant of the Ranger Sequoia.
- Hunting revolver (GRA) - The same as the regular hunting revolver, except for its potential to be modded.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Camp Golf - owned by Chief Hanlon. It can be picked up off of his remains if he passes away, but is marked as stealing.
- It can also be obtained from NCR Veteran Rangers once the player character has reached level 16.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Despite being a very powerful and exceedingly rare weapon, it is actually worth very little in the way of caps.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Playstation 3 Sometimes the hammer will get stuck and appear pulled back, like the hammer on the .357 Magnum revolver and Lucky. It will return to normal after reloaded or shot. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The cylinder may sometimes glitch when reloading and not open or release bullets, but it is merely an aesthetic glitch. Unequipping and reequipping the weapon can fix the glitch. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have the Ranger Sequoia equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Equipping this gun after wielding the Gatling laser in 3rd person mode shows the electron charge pack on the sequoia. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Even after stealing the ranger sequoia, dropping it and picking it back up will result in Karma loss. [verified]
- PC Occasionally, drawing the weapon from your hip or equipping it will cause it to show up without the rounded back portion of the cylinder or the hammer, instead there will be a silver knob on the back of the gun. Only switching ammunition types will fix this, and then only until the next time you unequip and reequip or reholster and redraw the weapon. [verified]
- Xbox 360 In some games, a glitch will happen when Hanlon's dead body and Ranger Sequoia will disappear, leaving you unable to retrieve the sequoia in this fashion. They can still be received from NCR Veteran Rangers though. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Occasionally, the weapon's model file may turn it invisible when dropped, making it difficult to find. It can, however, still be looted and used.[verified]