|For an overview of railway spikes, see railway spike.|
Repurposed fastening tools from the pre-War railway system, these spikes are capable of crippling and delimbing those unlucky enough to be the target of their fire. Their speed and kinetic energy are well into the lethal range, and their velocity has been fine-tuned to maximize effectiveness.
Though only moderately damaging, railway spikes are very effective at dealing limb damage (due to a 3x limb damage multiplier) and are able to cripple limbs often with just one shot. On the killing shot, a spike may tear off the struck limb, and possibly pin it to a fixed object, such as a wall or floor.
Weapons using this ammunition
- Railway spikes can be found throughout the Capital Wasteland in ammunition boxes, metal boxes and on shelves.
- Can be found on the shelves in Lucky's. However, they must be stolen.
- Can be bought from vendors on occasion, but they are rarely restocked.
- Can often be found near train yards, inside the metro tunnels, and railroad tracks.
- Can be found throughout Warrington trainyard and Tenpenny Tower's generator room.
- Carried by Laszlo Radford.
- Eight lots of spikes spread throughout rooms in the west of the Franklin Metro utility.
- Five on shelves in the northwest area of the Corvega factory.
- Four in the Meresti trainyard, in a makeshift shack next to the tunnel outside.
- Four on the scavenger's bridge's shelves.
- Four on shelves in the flooded metro raider camp.
- Four in Warrington station.