Referenced rewrite needed (no references)
The contents below are not considered trustworthy as they have not yet been verified or vetted appropriately. Information included does not meet Nukapedia's quality standards, requiring significant rework, addition of references, removal of speculation, embellishment, and unsupported headcanon.
Railroad HQ is the second base of operations of the Railroad after their main base of operations, the Switchboard has been raided by the Institute's forces. It is located inside the catacombs of the Old North Church.
The entrance to the HQ is hidden and can only be opened by following the "Freedom Trail" and solving the puzzle to unlock the rotating wheel at the hidden door. The crypts may be dark, but they offer protection from attacks and prying eyes and allow the Railroad to keep functioning.
After the Sole Survivor joins the Railroad, they are given free rein in the HQ. There is a large, circular table in the middle of the chamber where Desdemona usually lingers. To the left of the entrance is Doctor Carrington's area with medical supplies and a treatment bed. In the far right is Tinker Tom's corner, containing research equipment, a terminal, and a firing range.
On the other side of the circular table is a rest area where Drummer Boy and Glory can be found (Deacon will also be here if the Sole Survivor chose not to take him as a follower or elected not to send him to a settlement upon dismissal). On the left side is P.A.M.'s chamber, with several large computers and her terminal on the table in the lower section.
There is a chalkboard on the wall showing all of the railsigns. It is revealed that there is another exit from the crypts to the side of the rest area. This exit also serves as an escape tunnel and leads directly to a ruined building with a chained door, located on the surface north of the church.
- Astoundingly Awesome Tales - On the desk directly west of the circular stone table in the middle.
- Blackbird report holotape - Can be pickpocketed from Doctor Carrington.
- Fusion core inside a generator in the "secret exit" from the HQ, behind the security door locked by an Expert-locked terminal.
- A single set of mole rat teeth, this is the only location where a set can be found.
- The unique lab scale can be found on a metal shelf near Tinker Tom.
- Fatigues - Worn by Desdemona.
- Tinker headgear - Worn by Tinker Tom.
- Tinker Tom Special - Sold by Tinker Tom.
- Prototype railway rifle - Used by a Railroad agent who is helping Tinker Tom test it.
- Railroad HQ is one of the few interior locations the Sole Survivor can fast travel to and from.
- Leading X6-88 right into the Railroad HQ will cause the Railroad to automatically turn hostile. The same does not apply to Paladin Danse.
- One does not need to follow the entire trail in order to input the code.
Morse code messages
|Sound file||Morse code||Decoded|
|-.-. .- .--. .. - .- .-.. / .-- .- ... - . .-.. .- -. -.. / .- ...- .- .. .-.. .- -... .-.. . / ..-. --- .-. / -.. . .-.. .. ...- . .-. -.--||CA P I TA L WAS T EL AN D AVAI L A B LE F OR D E L I VE R Y|
|.--. .- -.-. -.- .- --. . / .-.. --- ... - / .-. .- .. -.. . .-. ... / .-. . .--. . .- - / .-. .- .. -.. . .-. ...||P A C KAG E LOST RAIDERS RE P E AT RAIDERS|
|--. . -. / .---- ... / ... .- .-.. ...- .- --. . / - . .- -- / .- - / -... .- ... . -... .- .-.. .-.. / - .- -. --. --- / ---..||GEN 1S SAL VAGE TEA M AT B ASE B A LL TAN GO 8|
|-.. . .- -.. / -.. .-. --- .--. / -.. .. ... -.-. --- / -. . . -.. ... / .- / .--. .. -.-. -.- ..- .--. / ..- .-. --. . -. -||DEAD DROP D I S CO N E EDS AP I C K U P U R G E N T|
The Railroad HQ appears only in Fallout 4.
It is possible to become stuck when standing on the white round table in the middle of the main room.[verified]
- To fix this, crouch and walk away, reload a previous save, or fast travel to a different location.
- In the later missions, it's possible for the main door to close without being able to be opened again.[verified]
- If power armor is docked in the power armor station it might become corrupted, this will cause pieces of the power armor to go missing and it will be impossible to exit the power armor while in the HQ. [verified]
- There is a bug whereby Railroad missions will suddenly fail, and upon returning to Railroad HQ, they will all turn hostile. This is not a state of formal hostility unless or until the Sole Survivor returns fire.[verified]