The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The raiders of Appalachia were an alliance of ruthless marauders and bandits from across the region. They consisted of five gangs; the Cutthroats, the Diehards, the Blackwater Bandits, the Gourmands and the Trappers. By 2102, the alliance had been dissolved and its members wiped out.
Since the day the bombs dropped, raiders have been the scourge of the wasteland. In Appalachia, the raider gangs were created by tourists who were staying in the area's numerous ski resorts and survivors who fled into the mountains of the Savage Divide and were involved in a tenuous alliance with one another. By 2102, all of the gangs had been destroyed, with the only known survivors being robots, such as Rose and their protectron traders.
- Blackwater Bandits - noted for their stealth, once stealing ordnance from a Brotherhood armory, they were based at their namesake Blackwater Mine.
- Cutthroats - the most "conventional" of the five gangs, the Cutthroats were also the most destructive, being responsible for The Christmas Flood.
- Diehards - relatively pacifistic by raider standards, the Diehards refused to harm innocents during their raids, only attacking if fired upon first, and safeguarded the cult at the Palace of the Winding Path from the other gangs.
- Gourmands - noted as being cannibals, based out of Bolton Greens.
- Trappers - noted for their use of improvised explosives and ambushes against targets.
- Blackwater Mine - Blackwater Bandits (formerly)
- Bolton Greens - Gourmands (formerly)
- Knife Edge (formerly)
- Palace of the Winding Path - Diehards (formerly)
- South Cutthroat camp - Cutthroats (formerly)
- Sunnytop Ski Lanes - Diehards (formerly)
- The Crosshair (formerly)
- Top of the World
- Trapper's camp - Trappers (formerly)
- Chuck - member of the Trappers, invented their signature weapon Explosive bait.
- David Thorpe - leader of the Cutthroats.
- Freddie Lang - leader of the Blackwater Bandits.
- Margie McClintock - former leader of the Diehards.
- Morris Stevens - leader of the Gourmands, was exiled along with his wife Edie Stevens after they were discovered to be killing other members for food. Eventually turned into a wendigo, and became the namesake of the wendigo cave.
- Rosalynn Jeffries - David Thorpe's partner, killed by him when he caused the Christmas flood.
- Rose - a Miss Nanny programmed to replicate Rosalynn Jefferies' personality after her death.
- Vincent Fried - took over leadership of the Diehards following Margie McClintock's suicide.
- Walter Griswold - leader of the Trappers.
Raiders appear in Fallout 76.
Before being wiped out, the Appalachian raiders developed a language of symbols to communicate with fellow raiders and mark places based on their loot or on the threat they might pose.