|Minutemen radiant quest: Raider Troubles|
|Speak to the leader of the settlement.|
|Travel to the raider hideout.|
|Eliminate the target raider.|
|Report your success to the leader of the settlement.|
|Reward: ~100 caps|
A new settlement
|Report your success to Preston Garvey.|
|Reward: 200+ XP|
After joining the Minutemen, this quest can be periodically obtained when talking to Preston Garvey or listening to Radio Freedom. The Sole Survivor is informed that an allied settlement is having trouble with some raiders, and is asked to help the settlement deal with them. Alternatively, the quest may be obtained directly from a settler even if the Sole Survivor has not joined the Minutemen (this occurs more frequently at unowned settlements).
To proceed with the quest the Sole Survivor must travel to the settlement and talk to their leader, who will give the details: a large group of raiders has been harassing the settlement and causing trouble. The settler will point the Sole Survivor to the raider hideout and ask that they be eliminated for the safety of the settlement.
To complete the objective, the Sole Survivor must travel to the raider hideout and eliminate the marked raider. Unmarked enemies do not need to be killed to complete the quest. With the threat neutralized, the Sole Survivor can talk to the settler from before to receive thanks and a reward of ~100 caps, as well as ownership of the settlement (if it was not already owned). If the quest was given by Preston Garvey, the Sole Survivor must report back to him to turn in the quest; it will be completed immediately upon receiving the reward otherwise.
Settlements asking for help
Possible raider locations
- Andrew station
- Back Street Apparel
- BADTFL regional office
- County crossing
- Corvega assembly plant
- Dunwich Borers
- Easy City Downs
- Federal ration stockpile
- Greentop Nursery
- Hardware Town
- Hyde Park
- Nordhagen Beach
- Outpost Zimonja
- Revere Beach station
- Saugus Ironworks
- The Shamrock Taphouse
- Taffington boathouse
- Thicket Excavations (after Pull the Plug has been completed)
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia
- Walden Pond
- This quest will only be given for settlements with a population of at least 1.
- With the Nuka World add-on installed, this quest will not be given for settlements that have been captured or subdued by the Nuka-World raiders.
- The death of the settlement leader will result in the quest failing. If Preston gave the quest, the Sole Survivor must report their failure to him before the quest is removed from the quest log.
- Although this is technically a Minutemen quest, it can be obtained before joining the Minutemen. If the Sole Survivor has joined the Minutemen, the quest dialogue will include mentions of the Minutemen; this dialogue is omitted otherwise. This trait is shared with the other settlement-related quests.
- If the Sole Survivor already has ownership of the settlement requesting help, the quest will have an undisclosed 14-day timer. This timer resets after completing each objective, and the quest will fail if time runs out with one exception: if the Sole Survivor received the reward and is currently at the "Talk to Preston Garvey" objective, the quest will complete itself after 14 days.
- Most settlements have specific raider locations and leaders they will send the Sole Survivor to until that location is cleared for the first time. Some examples:
- Tenpines Bluff will usually send the player character after Jared at the Corvega assembly plant.
- Oberland station will usually send the player character after Clutch at Back Street Apparel.
- If Pull the Plug is completed and Starlight Drive In is claimed, they will usually send the player character after Sully Mathis at Thicket Excavations.
- After Returning the Favor is completed, Abernathy farm may send them after Walter, Whiplash, Bear, and Tweez in Walden Pond.
- Under the Collar in the Nuka-World add-on and must collar Bedlam in Dunwich Borers, you cannot kill Bedlam for the Minutemen quest. Use SetStage MinRecruit01 200 to skip to reporting your success to settlers. If you start
No quest marker will appear on raiders inside Back Street Apparel. The quest will not update despite clearing Backstreet Apparel (the usual target raider is situated in the ground level back room with the steamer trunk). Workarounds for finishing this quest are (as with similar Greenskins and Ghoul Problem quests) either killing the quest giving settler or waiting until the timer runs out, though both ways will fail the quest.[verified]
- resurrect to kill them. This can be fixed on PC by opening the console, selecting the dead raider and inputting
- Covenant after completing Human Error and leaving the citizens alive, Jacob Orden will be the NPC to speak to, only he won't have any voice acting. After you clear the raiders, you will not be able to turn in the quest, as he will just comment on your completion of Human Error.[verified] Should you have to help
- The option to say that the targeted location has been previously cleared won't appear, along with the quest marker, preventing the quest completion. Clearing the location anyway won't fix this.[verified]
- If you use a console command to complete the quest there is a chance that it will fail the quest instead of completing it.
- Roger Warwick at Warwick homestead might spawn inside the water cistern). This bug is shared with the other settlement quests.[verified]
In certain locations, NPCs might spawn in inaccessible locations (for instance,
- targetID.moveto player to teleport the NPC in question. This can be resolved by using the console command
- The Warwick homestead example can be resolved by building stairs into the cistern and a bell outside of it. Using the bell and waiting for an in-game hour (using the Wait option) will cause the NPCs to spawn near the bell.