|For an overview of Rad-X, see Rad-X.|
Rad-X is a medication used to temporarily increase Radiation Resistance. This is most useful when one does not have the added radiation protection from wearing a hazmat suit or power armor when entering areas with high levels of radiation, such as the blast zone from a nuke, fissure sites, or reactors in power plants around Appalachia.
Rad-X temporarily suppresses all mutation effects, while diluted Rad-X will not suppress mutations.
Taking multiple doses of Rad-X or diluted Rad-X does not stack. Taking one while the other is active will simply replace the effect. This can be used to re-instate the benefits of mutations after the radiation protection from Rad-X is no longer needed, since taking diluted Rad-X will immediately replace Rad-X and thus restore the mutations.
While standard Rad-X cannot be crafted, it can be combined with Purified water to make the diluted version.
Purified water (2)
Learned from plan/recipe
Recipe: Diluted Rad-X
Rad-X: diluted (2)
Both varieties are found commonly in the following locations:
- Most enemies but most commonly dropped by feral ghouls.
- Purchased from a medical supplies vending machine or most vendors.
- Three Rad-X on a shelf in the small building outside the glassed cavern.
- Chance to be awarded from almost every quest.
- Chance to be found in most containers.
- Prior to patch 22.214.171.124, the effects of regular Rad-X and the diluted version could stack.
RadShield is a stronger, longer-lasting version of Rad-X that does not suppress mutations.