Established sometime between 2076 and 2077, construction work on Quincy Quarries was still ongoing as of October 2077, under the direction of a foreman named Ralph. The resulting noise could be heard from as far as Neponset Park, much to the chagrin of park visitor Charles Dieter Jr.
This large marble quarry has been collecting radioactive runoff for quite a while since the Great War, which now equates to consistent fallout (10 rads per second) permeating the entire area. The quarry has attracted a moderate group of ghoul raiders led by Slough, who are now in a stalemate with the neighboring Gunners detachment occupying Quincy ruins to the southeast.[Non-canon 1]
However, there is a more to the quarry than meets the eye. After excavation, the quarry became the site of a Vault-Tec project: Vault 88. The raiders inhabiting the quarry recently dug through the limestone concealing the entrance, and are attempting to break into the vault.
Quincy Quarries is arranged in a rectangular shape, with a few ramshackle metal trailers in and around it. Many ghoul raiders led by Slough occupy the area. The quarry was used as a nuclear waste dump, so one should take care near the quarry, as radiation can reach as high as 60 rads/s in some areas.
Geysers are also scattered throughout the flooded parts of the quarry. Standing on top of the geysers will cause the player's radiation levels to rise much more rapidly than any other place in the quarry. The quarry also houses the cave entrance to Vault 88 if the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on is installed.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - In a trailer to the southeast within sight of the Red Rocket gas station to the south.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum(s) - On top of a wooden target practice plank near the east end of the irradiated pool of water.
- Neponset cabin key and Last entry note - Next to the corpse of Charles Dieter Jr. beneath the overpass to the east. The skeleton is just to the northeast of a supporting column near a yellow bulldozer on a truck and several trailers loaded with stone slabs. Dieter is the writer of the log entries at Neponset Park. A trilby hat is also next to the skeleton.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- Vault-Tec Calling: The Sole Survivor picks up an emergency broadcast from Vault 88 and can investigate who or what is behind the signal.
- If the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on is installed, the Quincy Quarries map marker will disappear and the Vault 88 marker will appear in its place when the vault's entrance is approached.
- The local raiders respawn, even after Vault 88 has been established and the recruitment beacon has been activated.
Quincy Quarries appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.385: "[6.21] QUINCY QUARRIES
A large marble quarry northwest of Quincy is now flooded with water. Please refrain from drinking; the water is radioactive from the toxic dump of rusting barrels dumped here. A small contingent of Raiders spend their time huffing narcotics and growing paranoid. Use lockpicking prowess to open the trailer on the upper quarry (Expert). Farther along the marble-side pathway is a safe (Advanced). Check the cut marble lower level for a bedroom with a wooden crate (Novice) to pry open."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)