Background[edit | edit source]
This large marble quarry has been collecting radioactive runoff for quite a while since the Great War, which now equates out to consistent fallout (10 rads per second) permeating the entire area area. The quarry has attracted a moderate group of ghoul raiders led by Slough, all of whom are now deadlocked with the neighboring Gunners detachment.
However, there is a more to the quarry than meets the eye. After excavation, the quarry became the site of a Vault-Tec project: Vault 88. The raiders inhabiting the quarry recently dug through the limestone concealing the entrance and are attempting to break into the vault.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Quincy Quarries is a relatively small quarry in a rectangular shape with a few ramshackle metal shacks built in and around it. It has many ghoul raiders in the area led by Slough. The quarry was used as a nuclear waste dump so one should take care near the quarry as it is irradiated and can reach as high as 60 rads/s in some areas.
Geysers are also scattered throughout the flooded parts of the quarry. Incidentally, standing on top of the geysers will cause the player's radiation levels to rise much more rapidly than any other place in the quarry. It also houses the entrance to Vault 88 if the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on is installed, which can be found in the form of a cave.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - In a trailer to the southeast, within sight of the Red Rocket gas station to the south.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - On top of a wooden target practice plank, on the east end of the irradiated pool of water.
- Last entry, a note in the possession of Charles Dieter Jr.'s corpse under the elevated highway east of Quincy Quarries. The skeleton is located under the section where the broken section bends downward, against the northeastern support column if coming from the quarry. A yellow bulldozer on the truck and trailers loaded with stone slabs are at the southwestern column. Dieter is also the writer of the log entries at Neponset Park. Other items on him are a trilby hat and the Neponset cabin key.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- Vault-Tec Calling: The Sole Survivor picks up an emergency broadcast from Vault 88 and can investigate who or what is behind the signal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on is installed, the Quincy Quarries map marker will disappear and the Vault 88 marker will appear in its place.
- Raiders respawn, even after Vault 88 has been established and the recruitment has been activated.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Quincy Quarries appears only in Fallout 4.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.385: "[6.21] QUINCY QUARRIES
A large marble quarry northwest of Quincy is now flooded with water. Please refrain from drinking; the water is radioactive from the toxic dump of rusting barrels dumped here. A small contingent of Raiders spend their time huffing narcotics and growing paranoid. Use lockpicking prowess to open the trailer on the upper quarry (Expert). Farther along the marble-side pathway is a safe (Advanced). Check the cut marble lower level for a bedroom with a wooden crate (Novice) to pry open."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Vault-Tec Calling