|For the Creation Club quest, see Pyromaniac (quest).|
For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Pyromaniac.
“With the Pyromaniac perk, you do +50% damage with fire-based weapons, like the Flamer and Shishkebab.”— In-game description
- Heavy incinerator
- Incendiary grenade
- Fire bomb
- Sonic emitter - tarantula
- Sterilizer glove
- Saturnite fist super-heated
- Flare gun
- Cleansing Flame
- While fire-based, ammunition is not affected by the Pyromaniac perk.[verified]
- Even though weapons like the Shishekebab are affected by the Pyromaniac perk, the additional burning damage is not boosted.[verified]
- incendiary grenade and the fire bomb. This was confirmed by Joshua Sawyer to be unintentional; the perk was meant to be dependent on the Energy Weapons skill, which governs most ranged fire-based weaponry. While this perk requires an Explosives skill of 60 to be unlocked, the only explosive items affected by the perk are the
- cosmic knife super-heated, despite it being capable of setting enemies on fire.[verified] This perk does not affect the
- Question: "Hey Josh can you help settle a little debate.In FNV was the Pyromaniac perk meant to be governed by the Explosives skill and not EW or is this a small oversight."
Joshua Sawyer: "It was meant to be governed by EW because that's where the Flamer was, skill-wise. Also, early in development we didn't have a way to display OR conditionals for perks in-engine. Pyromaniac could have benefited from an Explosives OR EW requirement."
Joshua Sawyer on Formspring (Archive)