|For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenade.|
For an overview of other pulse grenades, see Pulse grenade.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
When combined with mid to high explosives skill, the pulse grenade makes very short work of any sentry bot, Protectron, Mister Handy, or any other drones or turrets. Visually, when used the pulse grenade will make an electrical sphere, damaging anything inside. It can be enhanced with various perks, such as Demolition Expert, and Splash Damage. It only does light-to-moderate damage to non-robot enemies, but is also very effective against enemies wearing power armor.
Unlike in Fallout 3, pulse weapons in Fallout: New Vegas do have an effect on power armored non-player characters and the player. Use extreme caution when using any pulse weapons near friendly power armored non-player characters, or when wearing power armor yourself.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Can be bought from Cliff Briscoe during the later stages of the game.
- Can be bought from Knight Torres.
- Several can be stolen from Nellis Air Force Base in the mess hall and munitions storage.
- 5 can be found in an ammunition box in the Securitron vault.
- 6 can be found in a metal box in the lobby at HELIOS One.
- One can be found in the Followers safehouse.
- 6 can be found in a metal box in the Sloan worker barracks.
- Can be bought from Chet in Goodsprings General Store in the later stages of the game.
- At least 5 can be bought from the arms merchant at the 188 trading post.
- Legionary assassins may carry these at higher levels and will use them against opponents wearing power armor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The pulse grenade is one of the most effective anti-robot weapons in the game, next to the pulse gun.
- Patch 184.108.40.2064 (1.06, PlayStation 3) increased the radius of pulse and plasma grenades, they now work incredibly well with Splash Damage.
- Despite the very low damage output, reverse pickpocketing one will still kill the target but will cause very little damage to the courier (provided they aren't wearing power armor) if they can't get out of the blast radius.