The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
Before the Great War, there was a major push for the complete automation of Appalachia's various mining and industrial operations, spearheaded by Atomic Mining Services, Hornwright Industrial and Poseidon Energy. Many of the replaced employees had no other opportunities, having worked in these places their entire lives. As the few companies retaining a majority human workforce, such as Garrahan Mining, could not afford to hire them, they were reduced to picketing their former workplaces to try and get their old jobs back. After the war, the protesting workers either died or left, leaving their protest signs behind.
While by no means unique, signs found across Appalachia have one of several different slogans printed on them, including:
- Dad Needs Jobs
- Against Automation
- Want to work
- People First
- Jobs or Blood
- Give Jobs Back
- Block the Bot
- Men Not Machines
- Ain't a Commie
- All 8 variants can be found outside Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06. Two of them are found at the tents outside of the plant.
- Several protest signs can be found at the miners monument.
- Five can be found in an apartment above the ice cream store in Clarksburg, accessible via a fire escape at the back of the building.
- Two can be found in a small shack outside of Uncanny Caverns.
- Two can be found in the back of a pickup truck parked outside Charleston station.
- A "jobs or blood" sign can be found at Welch station.
- Dropped by Scorched during the event Protest March.