This is a small, collectible model of a protectron. Though this item appears in Fallout 4, its design is based on the protectron from Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, a trait shared by most collectible models in Fallout 4.
- Can rarely be found inside of Vault-Tec lunchboxes.
- In Revere Beach station, when opening the protectron model kit.
- the Mechanist's lair, right next to the terminal. Found intact above the medical observation rooms of
- Grandchester Mystery Mansion, in the basement, behind a Master locked door. After entering the room, it stands on the right on a tool board. Found in the
- Nuka-Cola lunchboxes. Random drop from
According to the Vault Dweller's Survival Guide (on page 91), the models are all "knickknacks" to decorate your home with or to be sold, no mention of a quest.