Prostitution is encountered across the Fallout series. In order to get by in the wasteland, prostitutes engage in sexual acts for money.
Prostitution and its legality vary across the former United States: For example, it is legal in the New Vegas metropolitan area and New Reno (more specifically, unregulated), but illegal in New California Republic municipalities, such as Shady Sands. The lack of regulation leads to various levels of independence, ranging from contractors at the Atomic Wrangler Casino and Casa Madrid to those exploited by drug addiction on the Strip.
- Player character
- The player character can engage the services of a variety of sex workers at several brothels and bars, where different services offer different bonuses.
- The Chosen One can become a sex worker at the Golden Globes studio in New Reno. A variety of roles are possible with the right combination of statistics and perks.
- Female player characters can additionally work as a prostitute at the Hole for $50 per customer ($200 with a Speech check).
- Chosen One can prostitute themselves in the trappers random encounter, resulting in poisoning.
- Non-player characters
- Cat's Paw prostitutes - prostitutes working at the Cat's Paw in New Reno
- New Reno prostitute
- Chosen One's spouse, in the trappers random encounter.
- Fannie Mae at the Malamute Saloon in Redding
- Sheila at the The Hole in the Den.
- Miria, if married, at the Hole in the Den.
- Sally Dunton's Bathhouse, featuring Jenny in Klamath.
- Angela Bishop, daughter of John Bishop.
- Nova at Moriarty's Saloon in Megaton.
- Sara Silver, an ex-prostitute living in Springvale.
- Trinnie, who spends most of her time at the Muddy Rudder in Rivet City.
- Destiny Chao, mentioned in Herbert "Daring" Dashwood's terminal as proprietor of Blue Destiny Brothel.
- A brothel section of the Evergreen Mills bazaar, run by Madame (unnamed in-game).
- Brianna, a member of the Family who offers her services to the male members.
- Susan Lancaster at Tenpenny Tower.
Fallout: New Vegas
- Joana, a Med-X addicted prostitute working in the courtyard of Gomorrah.
- Dazzle, another prostitute at Gomorrah courtyard.
- The female receptionist of the Gomorrah casino is an ex-prostitute now working at the front desk.
- Several hooker NPCs, male and female, working for the Gomorrah casino.
- Pretty Sarah, an ex-prostitute now serving as the manager of the Casa Madrid Apartments brothel.
- Jimmy, a male prostitute working for Pretty Sarah at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Maude, an elderly female prostitute working for Pretty Sarah at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Sweetie, one of the prostitutes at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Beatrix Russell, a female ghoul that can be persuaded to work as a cowboy-themed dominatrix during the Wang Dang Atomic Tango quest.
- Santiago, a male smooth-talker that can be recruited as a prostitute during the Wang Dang Atomic Tango quest.
- Old Ben, another recruitable male that can fill the role of the suave prostitute for the Wang Dang Atomic Tango quest.
- Fisto, a Protectron that can be programmed to become a sexbot for the Wang Dang Atomic Tango quest.
- Gomorrah prostitute, prostitutes employed by the Omertas at Gomorrah. Found outside the casino.
- Disguised hooker, friends of Joana who are encountered during the quest How Little We Know.
- Random prostitutes (such as ghouls and a super mutant) can be found in Quincy brothels.
- Gloria Timmons, an old prostitute in Great Bend, with fifty years of experience, who once slept with all of the Lance Squad.
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
- "Slavery, gambling, and prostitution are not permitted within city limits."
(Bulletin board sign)
- Courier: "Wouldn't you make more money working on the Strip?"
Sweetie: "I got my start at the Gomorrah, good money, but I saw how those Omertas hook girls on free Jet or Med-X - then start charging. Slavery through a needle is what that is. I earn less out here, but I keep more."