|Event: Project Paradise|
|Go to Arktos Pharma.|
|Initialize the Experiment from the Mainframe Terminal .|
|(Optional) Disable ARIC-4 by using the Shutdown Code.|
|Fill the Feeding Troughs in the Habitats (Six minute timer)|
|Last call to fill the Troughs! (0:30 Seconds)|
|Defend your animals from predators (Wave 1/3)|
|Prepare for the next Wave (0:15 seconds)|
|Defend your animals from predators (Wave 2/3)|
|Prepare for the Alpha Predator (0:15 seconds)|
|Defend your animals from the Alpha Predator (Final Wave)|
|Reward: See infobox|
The gameplay consists of multiple stages. Firstly, the party has to initialize the experiment through a terminal adjacent to ARIC-4 in the main hub. After Project Paradise has been initialized, players must head to habitats A, B and C to harvest different types of animal food (fragrant venison, toxic sludge, and moist radkelp) and deposit them into their respective feed troughs. The more food collected and inserted into each one, the higher the level of creature which must be defended in the later stages. 0-19 for rank 0, 20-39 for rank 1, 40-59 for rank 2 and 60+ for rank 3. After the timer for filling the troughs runs out, three friendly creatures will spawn and the party has approximately 10-15 seconds to "meet the friendly creatures".
After the short break, the friendly creatures must be defended from three waves of enemy animals while hostile Arktos Pharma security robots patrol the facility. The first two waves will consist of hordes of glowing enemies, while the final wave will be lead by a powerful alpha creature. The level 100, 3-star legendary alpha predator can be either a sheepsquatch, Grafton monster or fog crawler. Killing the alpha will complete the event. Only one friendly creature needs to survive for the event to be successfully completed. If all three friendly creatures are killed, the event will fail.
Habitat A: Collect fragrant venison by looting albino radstags.
Habitat B: Collect toxic sludge by harvesting piles and by looting the mole rats that spawn immediately after. Harvesting toxic sludge deals radiation damage to the player.
Habitat C: Collect moist radkelp by harvesting flora.
Potential Alpha predators include:
Hostile creatures include:
- Wolf (Habitat A)
- Yao guai (Habitat A)
- Cave cricket (Habitat A)
- Rad ant (Habitat A)
- Honey beast (Habitat A)
- Mole rat (Habitat B)
- Radrat (Habitat B)
- Snallygaster (Habitat B)
- Bloatfly (Habitat B)
- Radroach (Habitat B)
- Angler (Habitat C)
- Gulper (Habitat C)
- Radtoad (Habitat C)
- Bloodbug (Habitat C)
- Stingwing (Habitat C)
- Feral ghoul
- Firefly (x3)
- Arktos Pharma protectron
- Arktos Pharma Mister Gutsy
- Arktos Pharma assaultron
- Arktos Pharma eyebot
- Arktos Pharma sentry bot
Potential rare/unique loot includes:
- Arktos lab coat
- Recipe: Formula P
- Plan: Bear Arm
- Plan: Bear Arm heavy mod
- Plan: Bear Arm puncturing mod
- Plan: Stimpak diffuser
- Plan: Arktos Pharma backpack
Note: the Arktos Pharma backpack skin has a chance to be earned automatically after completing the event, and can be earned regardless of the number of animals remaining.
- The Bear Arm weapon plan is a random reward from the event. The plan must be learned first by the player character, as a requirement to possibly receive the Bear Arm weapon modification plans from this event, as rare rewards.
- Completing the optional objective: Retrieve ARIC-4's shutdown code from the flooded basement area, will change a few parameters of the event. By shutting down ARIC-4, the player deactivates the Arktos Pharma security robots and places Quercus in charge of the experiment, who switches to using Formula Q instead of Formula P. Secondly, the friendly creatures to defend will attack instead of run when enemies are nearby, effectively increasing the difficulty of the event. This includes the alpha boss on the final wave, creating a very risky strategy. Finally, Quercus will heal the friendly creatures between rounds.
- The alpha boss is decided by which creatures are still alive when the final wave begins. If there is a creature from habitat A, there is a chance to spawn a sheepsquatch. If there is a creature from habitat B, there is a chance to spawn a Grafton monster. If there is a creature from habitat C, there is a chance to spawn a fog crawler.
- There is one turret in each habitat which can be repaired to aid the players in completing the event. Their targeting parameters can be altered via a nearby terminal.
- The basement level can be unlocked via the keypad by entering 970930, which is a reference to the release date for the original Fallout.
PC Playstation 4 Placing venison in a food trough may cause the game to crash.[verified]