The elderly Dr. Penske serves as the chief biologist of Vault 81, primarily in charge of the local hydroponics lab. As such, she is the main supplier of food for the cafeteria. Penske, alongside growing ingredients for the vault's kitchens, develops radiation-free strains of mutated plants like mutfruit. She is also the adoptive grandmother of Austin Engill following the passing of his parents. Despite her generally grumpy demeanor, the doctor is shown to have a softer side, especially where Austin is concerned.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Fertilizer Woman: She offers to buy bags of fertilizer from the Sole Survivor for 25 caps each.
- Priscilla will make comments about needing new seedlings, but she will be unable to be given any as they don't exist.
- "I'll have to tell Gwen I'll be needing more fertilizer soon."
- "It's good to be out of the lab."
- "It's hard not to take my work home with me, but I promised Austin."
- "I'll have to remember to drop off that lamp before work tomorrow."
- "Very little discoloration. Strong cellular plant structure. I'll have to see how it holds up to exposure."
Dr. Penske appears only in Fallout 4.
- Hole in the Wall, she will no longer buy fertilizer from the player character. Instead, she acts as a generic character on a rotation of set dialogue. In most instances, her dialogue will proceed to offer quests for fertilizer but it does not actually start the quest nor make her accept fertilizer regardless when to talk to her.[verified] Upon completion of the quest
- Upon arriving at Vault 81, Dr. Penske may spawn into the floor, making the Hole in the Wall quest impossible to start. [verified]