Primm Slim is a guard robot, historian, and caretaker for the Vikki and Vance Casino. Primm Slim is also a huge source of information for the Courier and will speak at great lengths about Primm, Vikki, Vance, the Bison Steve Hotel and the casino.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
- My Kind of Town: After Deputy Beagle is rescued from the escaped convicts, Primm Slim can be reprogrammed through a dialogue option (Science 30) or with the application of 3 fission batteries and 4 conductors to become the new Sheriff of Primm. If he becomes sheriff, Beagle will resign, stating that Slim is guided too much by cold logic and the letter of the law.
- A Pair of Dead Desperados, I: Activate the gun case at the Vikki and Vance Casino. A message will pop up, saying that it is empty. Talk to Primm Slim and convince him that the contents of the case are missing. Volunteer to find the contents and return it. Retrieving the gun yields no rewards unless one decides to keep Vance's 9mm submachine gun for themselves which similarly holds no penalties from Primm Slim.
Vikki and Vance HistoryEdit
- Primm Slim has a exceptional amount of health that increases with the player character's level. In fact, he is the single most durable character in the game.
- Despite being durable, Slim lacks an attack mode, which leaves him unable to retaliate. However, attacking him will cause the rest of the Primm citizens to become hostile.
- If Primm Slim is made sheriff, he can be heard on Radio New Vegas. Humorously, he does not appear to know the name of the town where he is sheriff, due to a missing data token.
- Once made sheriff, he will make one patrol around Primm and then stand near the Bison Steve Hotel for the rest of the game, to the right of the building, underneath the coaster tracks by a garbage bin.
- If the player character did not kill the convicts on the roller coaster near the Bison Steve hotel, they may attack Primm Slim after his patrol; Slim can eventually die since he cannot defend himself.
- He may also be found wandering the Mojave Wasteland, though this is rare.
- There is no dialogue option to return Vance's 9mm submachine gun, Vikki's bonnet, or Vance's lucky hat to Primm Slim.
- After taking Vance's 9mm SMG, he will say "Always good to see you, pardner! Anything I can help you with?", but he won't initiate conversation. If this occurs before a sheriff is chosen by the player, it may remove Primm Slim as a candidate.
- Primm Slim is one of the few robots in Fallout: New Vegas that has clothing in its inventory. Another example is Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS from Old World Blues, which carries a Valence radii-accentuator.
- Looting Primm Slim's hat from his corpse does not remove it from his model.
- Primm Slim is never seen in the sheriff's office.
- Even when patrolling outside, Primm Slim will still greet the Courier as if he was still in the casino.
- "Loading public appeasement oration. Complete. Howdy, citizens. How about a Yee-Haw for law and order in the fine town of... error. Token not found."
- "Have you gone loco, pardner? I can see the gun with my own three photo sensors from where I'm standing right now."
- "Bzzzt... Law Enforcement Protocols reinstated, pardner. Initializing use of force authorization... authorization found. Yee-haw!"
Primm Slim appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
Xbox 360 Sometimes Primm Slim can be found dead outside the NCR base opposite Primm. [verified]