Unlike barrel cactus fruit, prickly pear fruit doesn't detract from Endurance. Two prickly pears are required to craft a bloatfly slider. Two of them can also be used with an empty soda bottle to make purified water.
Survival skill effect
|10||+1 Hit Point for 10s||-18 Dehydration , -12 Starvation|
|20||+1 Hit Point for 10s||-21 Dehydration , -14 Starvation|
|30||+1 Hit Point for 10s||-24 Dehydration , -16 Starvation|
|40||+1 Hit Point for 10s||-27 Dehydration , -18 Starvation|
|50||+2 Hit Point for 10s||-30 Dehydration , -20 Starvation|
|60||+2 Hit Point for 10s||-33 Dehydration , -22 Starvation|
|70||+2 Hit Point for 10s||-36 Dehydration , -24 Starvation|
|80||+2 Hit Point for 10s||-39 Dehydration , -26 Starvation|
|90||+2 Hit Point for 10s||-42 Dehydration , -28 Starvation|
|100||+3 Hit Point for 10s||-45 Dehydration , -30 Starvation|
- Two fruit can be found placed atop a grave in Goodsprings Cemetery, along with some coyote tobacco chew.
- Dried version, one of the items converted from the seed package near the Dionaea Muscipula.
- One can be acquired every three in-game days after the completion of Field Research, once the Biological research station has been upgraded.
- One plant can be found in the fenced backyard (southernmost side) of the Goodsprings house where Sunny Smiles and Trudy stay.
- One plant grows outside Nellis Air Force Base, on the east side of the bombed-out area.
- One plant grows just north of Gibson scrap yard, directly north of Old Lady Gibson's garage.
- One plant is found by walking due east of No-bark's shack, just before reaching the highway.
- Several plants grow near the mole rat ranch.
- Four can be found by traveling directly east from mole rat ranch, towards the power line towers.
- Three can be found on the south end of Novac, behind the gas station with the reloading bench and workbench.
- Another three can be found to the southeast of Novac, just off the highway, between Novac and Clark Field.
- Three can be found outside Harper's shack.
- Four can be found directly northwest of the Legion raid camp, on the west side of the road towards Ranger Station Charlie.
- Three plants can be found close to Carlyle St. Clair's house, both east and west along the cliff base.
- Plants can be found on the shore of Lake Mead and on the shore near the crashed B-29 bomber.
- At least two can be found just south of the northern passage, near the shack where the Jackal gang members have set up camp.
- Three plants can be located just east of Mojave home, where the mad brahmin reside.
- Prickly pear cacti are extremely common in Zion Canyon.
- Carrying prickly pear fruit will provide four times more hydration per weight than water. This bonus rises to 7.5 times (1285 H2O recovery per pound of weight carried) with 100 Survival and the Pack Rat and Camel of the Mojave perks. Without Camel of the Mojave (because of consuming prickly pear instead of water) this rises further to 8.6 times (1285/150).
- Turning two prickly pear fruits into one bottle of purified water increases the H2O benefit from 90 to 150 at 100 Survival at the expense of 0.86 pounds of weight over simply carrying the fruits by themselves.
- Randall Clark mentions in a May 5, 2083 terminal entry that he has discovered banana yucca, honey mesquite, and prickly pear are still safe to eat after the war, despite minor mutations.
Behind the scenes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.