|For an overview of pre-War money, see Pre-War money.|
Not officially in use anymore as legal tender. It can either be broken down for cloth or sold to vendors. However as it has zero carry weight, it can serve as a kind of alternative currency for trading with vendors.
Pre-War money (1)
- 20 bundles in Bridgeway Trust.
- 21 in Valenti station.
- 20 in Bridgeway Trust.
- 19 in Kendall Hospital.
- 14 in Wattz Consumer Electronics.
- 11 in Vault 114.
- 93 in the Commonwealth Bank.
- Found in various cash registers throughout the Commonwealth.
- Cliff's Edge Hotel. 40 in the
- Brain Dead. As much as 1100 can be obtained from the quest
The following containers have confirmed fixed significant quantities:
- 100 in the duffle bag below the collapsed wall of the bank at Lexington.
- 100 in the safe at Slocum's Joe Corporate HQ.
- 20 in the safe at Easy City Downs, behind the cash registers in the main entrance.
- Pre-War money can also be used in the Junk Jet as ammunition.
- Pre-War money can be used at Back Alley Bowling at the General Atomics Galleria, but the $5,000 entrance fee serves no purpose.
- Pre-War money can be used in the Nuka-Cade at Nuka-World, to be exchanged for 3 Nuka-Cade tokens.
- Because of the value of pre-War money being eight and the value of 3 Nuka-Cade tokens being 9, the player character can use this to increase the output of caps by 1 for each pre-War money.
- Confirmed fixed items in Creation Kit.