Players have the opportunity to repair the Thunder Mountain plant found in West Virginia, requiring basic repairs to the reactor, generator, and cooling system. Doing so will restore power to a part of the region, activating power boxes at the plant (supplying 400 units of power to CAMPs and settlements) and at substations (100 per box). Otherwise, the boxes supply a measly 10 power.
This quest is a timed quest, with one hour being granted to complete it.
- The event is the same as at the other power plants, but the location of the areas differ. In general, players need to locate three areas: The cooling towers, turbine hall, and reactor room, and find the damaged components: Pipes spewing steam, sparking consoles, and damaged, grinding machinery. The damaged spots only need to be interacted with in order to be repaired, they do not need any materials. Once 50% of the repairs are done, the event will active markers that help find the rest of the damaged component.
- Although the power plant can be activated once basic repairs are complete, finishing the job by repairing all the damaged areas will greatly increase the experience and caps reward received at the completion of the quest and provide +20% items at the conclusion (this isn't required to receive the generator plans; generator plans are always rewarded as long as the player does not already know the recipe).
- Fixing up the power plant restores power to the region, as stated above. In TM's case, this affects the:
- Once restored, the power plant will remain active for several hours. Reactivating it will require going through the motions of the quest again.
- If not completed, this quest will reload almost instantly.