The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Talk to Father who will ask to find a way of boosting the transmission range of Diamond City Radio. Place the gear in Travis's shack, return to Father and place the Beryllium agitator. Then talk with the Directorate. They have already decided that it is necessary to destroy The Brotherhood of Steel.
When teleporting to the Institute, one must talk to Father. He will give the task of going to Diamond City to boost the range of Diamond City Radio. Once arriving to Diamond City, head over to Travis's shack where he broadcasts from. When entering his shack, look on the ground for a box of radio things to his transmitter gear.
Place the gear in the right spot:
- 'Radio thing with the buttons' goes to the left.
- 'Radio thing with dials goes' in the center.
- 'Radio thing with the tubes' goes on the right.
After that is done, return to the Institute and go to Father, who is waiting in the reactor room where he will prompt to put in the Beryllium Agitator that the Sole Survivor acquired from the previous mission into the reactor.
When placing that in the reactor, one must activate it using the terminal near it. The door to the reactor will close and the player character will have to talk to Father, after which he will ask to attend a board meeting as the director. There the Sole Survivor will discuss the future plans of the Institute.
The player character will discover that the Director already have made the decision to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel. If arguing for a solution that avoids conflict, it will be rejected because The Brotherhood of Steel already started it by invading the Commonwealth with their troops and airships.
One has to decide whether the Institue shall focus on further development of synths or weapons. When the meeting concludes this quest completes and the quest End of the Line starts automatically.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
- Playstation 4 When talking to Father, sometimes he will tend to walk away, cutting out the dialogue and resetting it.
- It seems that if the Brotherhood of Steel is attacked before this mission it will be impossible to start the meeting with the Directorate essentially breaking the main quest.[verification overdue] False. Meeting must be done standing talking to [named female yellow scientist]
Behind the scenes
- The Institute's reactor shape is based on the tokamak design used in fusion research over the last few decades.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.