| ||For an overview of power fist models, see power fist.|
A more bare-bones design than the previous games, the power fists found in the Commonwealth were originally used as pre-War hardware for demolition crews rather than as a weapon. Like the previous version, the power fist uses a pneumatic battering ram to deliver powerful, medium-speed punches to attackers, releasing a puff of steam and sparks with each punch. Its power attack is a heavy underhanded thrust.
The penetrating modification adds more ballistic damage and penetrates armor to some degree. The heating coil adds slightly more energy damage than the piercing modification, but it does not penetrate armor.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Puncturing||Armor piercing. Superior damage.||Puncturing||+27||+1.1||+45||Blacksmith 2||Adhesive x4|
|Heating coil||Adds energy damage.||Heated||+20||–||+100||Blacksmith 3||Adhesive x6|
- At higher levels, a power fist can be found on the top floor of the Hubris Comics tower.
- A legendary version of this weapon, the "furious power fist", can be found on Swan's body at Swan's Pond.
- Sold by various merchants at medium levels and up, such as Arturo Rodriguez and Cricket.
- Rarely carried by Gunners.
- Power fists, like all unarmed weapons, cannot be used in conjunction with power armor.