| || For an overview of power fist models found in numerous games, see power fist.|
For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Power fist (GRA).
The power fist is a mechanical glove mounted with a hydraulic piston powered ram. When punching, the pistons push the ram forward, smashing into the enemy. Sometimes, enough power is transferred to the target to knock them down.
V.A.T.S. Special AttacksEdit
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||160||20||8||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||88||20||4.4||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
The power fist can successfully strike about 395 times from full condition before breaking.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal power fist - the variant added by Gun Runners' Arsenal that accepts modifications.
- Greased Lightning - a unique variant added by Gun Runners' Arsenal.
- Industrial hand - a fully automatic bladed industrial tool.
- Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist - a unique variant wielded by Salt-Upon-Wounds in the add-on Honest Hearts.
- Saturnite fist - the common variant found in the Big MT.
- Saturnite fist super-heated - the variant that underwent the process of overheating in The Sink.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Industrial hand||50||160||Ignores DR/DT||3.2||x1||40||65||1.5||7995||10||2500||250||75||7|
|Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist||45||64.4||+3/10s||1.36||x1||45||25||4.8||495||6||2500||416.7||50||6|
|Saturnite fist super-heated||55||90.8||1.65||x1||55||+2/5s||25||4.4||595||4||2400||600||55||5|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Boulder City ruins - in an ammunition case on the second floor of one of the houses.
- Camp McCarran - there are five or more in the tents located in several footlockers. These tents are located directly north of the entrance.
- Camp Golf - plenty of them can be found in the trooper tents, in front of the House Resort.
- Cottonwood Cove - there are two in the footlockers, in the tent next to the Cottonwood Cove HQ.
- Hidden Valley bunker - the Brotherhood of Steel has many stashed away in the footlockers in their base. However, laser pistols can sometimes be found instead.
- Hoover Dam - there is one inside a footlocker which is inside one of the sleeping quarters near Quartermaster Bardon's office.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - it can be sold by Mick in his special inventory.
- Novac - sometimes sold by Cliff Briscoe.
- Scavenger Platform, Lake Mead - in a metal box (may be randomly generated loot).
- Silver Rush, Freeside - one can be found on the top floor.
- The Tops - in the safe on the presidential suite.
- The Fort - in a footlocker in Caesar's tent (Lockpick skill of 100 required). Also held by many Legion members.
- Vault 3 - can be found on numerous Fiend raiders.
- Vault 11 - in a footlocker in the living quarters.
- Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker - two may be found in the footlockers.
- The Fort - when opening Mr. House's secret room, go straight down the stairs and into the room and it's found in one of the footlockers.
- This weapon is an improved holdout weapon.
- Upon close inspection, there are notches on the fist that add up to 33.
- As of the Old World Blues add-on, the power fist attacks much more slowly, even with a maxed out Unarmed skill and high Strength. Even with the Slayer perk, it punches rather the same speed as it did in Fallout 3. The slower attack speed is not present in the other variants like the zap glove and ballistic fist, however.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The power fist does not use a higher resolution texture when used by the player, despite one being available in the game's resources.[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The power fist uses the default Pip-Boy image from Fallout 3, despite there being an updated version present in the game's resources.[verified]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes when appearing in third-person player, the power fist will appear above the hand.[verified]