| || For a list of power armor pieces, see Fallout 76 armor and clothing#Power armor parts.|
For an overview of various models of power armor in the Fallout series of games, see power armor.
Power armor partsEdit
- All pieces of power armor must be attached to a power armor chassis.
Each part has a level requirement, meaning player characters cannot enter a power armor chassis equipped with parts higher than their own level. Power armor chassis have no level requirement, so removing leveled parts will allow entry.
Power armor pieces can be mixed on a given chassis. The only advantage of a matched set is in Excavator power armor where a full set raises carry capacity by 100 while wearing 5 of the 6 pieces has no increase.
To get out of a power armor chassis, one must press and hold the same button pressed to get into it, so "E" (PC), "X" (PS4) or "A" (Xbox One).
|Image||Name||Level||Dam Resist||Eng Resist||Rad Resist||Health||Weight||Value||Effect||Mods||Base ID|
|Power armor chassis||—||60||60||60||10||—||Sets strength to level 11 if the stat is below 11.||????????|
|Raider power armor||160||160||160||???||68||366|
|Excavator power armor||163||163||234||???||71||446|| +100 carry|
|Raider power armor||220||220||220||???||68||366|
|T-45 power armor||228||228||228||???||79||360|
|T-51 power armor||300||300||181||???||80||631|
|Excavator power armor||201||201||300||???||71||446|| +100 carry|
|Raider power armor||281||281||281||???||68||366|
|T-45 power armor||294*||294*||294*||???||79||360|
* estimated values
|T-51 power armor|
|T-60 power armor||334||304||350||???||81||594|
|X-01 power armor||332||374||374||???||87||998|
|Excavator power armor||240||240||366||???||71||446|| +100 carry|
|Raider power armor||341||341||341||???||68||366|
|T-45 power armor||360||360||360||???||79||360|
|T-51 power armor||454||454||305||???||80||631|
|T-60 power armor||400||370||415||???||81||594|
|X-01 power armor||398||453||453||???||87||998|
|Ultracite power armor||453||393||393||???||88||632|
- Damage resistance totals are for armor only, power armor chassis adds 60/60/60
The following paint is available from the Atomic shop and can be applied at a power armor station to any T-45, T-51, T-60 or X-01 armor set:
- Camouflage power armor paints (1400 Atoms)
- Vault-Tec paints (1800 (Atoms)
- American patriot paints (1800 Atoms)
The following paint is available in-game:
- BOS Initiate for T-60 - random reward for turning in technical documents in the repeatable side quest Forbidden Knowledge.
- Nuka-Cola for T-51 - In Black Mountain Ordnance Works TNT Dome #3. This dome is opened by finding 4 keys, each giving access to the next. This paint is bright red and white with "Nuka-Cola" emblazoned on the chest and shoulders. There are Betty Boop style pinups on the legs. This is a paint scheme for Nuka-Cola memorabilia collectors.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum for X-01 has been added in Fallout 76 patch 188.8.131.52 on 3/13/2019. It is available in TNT Dome #7 which is opened by finding a series of keys and keycards. This paint is a stylish two-tone metallic blue with brown accents. The only logo is a small "Nuka-Cola Quantum" emblem on the chest.
- X-01 power armor is initially crafted with yellow and black "Prototype" paint. The standard dark gray paint is available without plans. Players who tire of the bumblebee look can change but be warned that it's a one-way trip. Prototype paint is not a choice once standard is selected.
There are 7 types of power armor:Four are found at power armor locations:
- Raider power armor - Available in level 15, 25, 35, & 45 versions.
- T-45 power armor - Available in level 25, 35, & 45 versions.
- T-51 power armor - Available in level 30, 40 and 50 versions, although level 40 pieces very rarely spawn.
- T-60 power armor - Available in level 40 and 50 versions.
Three are quest related or craftable:
- Excavator power armor - Can be crafted in level 25, 35, & 45 versions. Plans are obtained during the side quest Miner Miracles at Garrahan Mining Headquarters. Quest completion requires crafting and registering the power armor but it may be crafted at any power armor station any time after receiving the plans. Registration is only required to complete the quest.
- Ultracite power armor - Level 50 only. A full set is given for completing Belly of the Beast in the main questline. Plans to craft the armor can also be obtained from Taggerdy's terminal at Fort Defiance.
- X-01 power armor - Can be crafted in level 40 & 50 versions. Plans are given after completing Officer on Deck at the Whitespring bunker.
- Power armor pieces are heavy, 68 to 88 for a full set. However, if they are on a chassis, only the weight of the chassis itself, 10 weight, is counted when placed in inventory or stash. When worn, power armor has no inventory weight at all. When a piece wears out completely, it is removed from the chassis and placed in inventory, but it has no weight until repaired.
- When entering deep water, power armor sinks. The player can walk on the bottom but cannot run and cannot swim. There is no breath limit in Fallout 76, in or out of power armor.