Cleanup (Issue: if this is an overview of all power armor in FO3, the infobox needs to reflect that or suggest renaming article T-45)
To meet Nukapedia's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by the article.
|For an overview of T-45 power armor, see T-45 power armor.|
For an overview of various models of power armor, see power armor.
Power armor can only be worn if the player character has gained the Power Armor Training perk, either by talking to Paladin Gunny in the Citadel, by starting the Take it Back! quest, or by completing the Anchorage Reclamation simulation.
T-45d power armor can be repaired using components from the T-51b power armor, but the reverse is not possible. All non-unique variants of T-45d power armor have identical properties and effects, and only differ in their appearance and use in certain quests.
- Brotherhood power armor and Brotherhood power helmet - It has the same appearance and attributes as regular power armor. There are no differences other than the name, the insignia on the shoulder pauldrons, that it will not appear in a merchant's stock, and Protector Casdin will not accept it as part of The Outcast Collection Agent unmarked quest.
- Outcast power armor and Outcast power helmet - A variant worn by Brotherhood Outcasts. Visually it is a standard suit of Brotherhood of Steel power armor but haphazardly repainted black and red. Having Outcast variants in the inventory (equipped or not) when speaking to Protector Casdin will cause him to confiscate the armor unless the player character has gained the Outcasts' trust. Wearing a full suit of Outcast power armor will cause the Outcasts stationed at their outpost to treat the player character as though they were a member as opposed to a "local."
- Lyons' Pride power armor - It is the same as regular power armor, except that the Lyons' Pride insignia is on the shoulder instead of the standard Brotherhood of Steel insignia. There is no specific Lyon's Pride power helmet. Pride members wear either standard power helmets or the Brotherhood variants.
- Linden's Outcast power armor - A unique Outcast power armor obtained as a quest reward for completing the quest Oasis in Leaf Mother Laurel's favor.
- Prototype medic power armor - This is a variation of the Army power armor equipped with a Mister Gutsy-like onboard artificial intelligence. The armor's primary function is to administer Med-X when the wearer receives significant damage. Because artificial intelligence is capable of speech it will also alert the wearer to the presence of nearby enemies and vice versa.
- Ashur's power armor - A unique version of the standard power armor which has been painted and adorned with various tribal emblems.
- Tribal power armor - A damaged suit of Brotherhood power armor, patched and altered by unnamed denizens of The Pitt to resemble Ashur's power armor.
|Army power armor||40||45 (25)||1000||+2 STR, -2 AGL, +10 Radiation Resistance||739||—||00061A72|
|Ashur's power armor||40||45 (35)||1000||+1 STR, +1 CHR, +1 LCK, -1 AGL, +10 Radiation Resistance||739||1||006852|
|Brotherhood power armor||40||45 (25)||1000||+2 STR, -2 AGL, +10 Radiation Resistance||739||∞||00075201|
|Linden's Outcast power armor||40||45 (35)||1000||+1 STR, -1 AGL, +10 Radiation Resistance, +5 Big Guns||739||1||00070877|
|Lyons' Pride power armor||40||45 (25)||1000||+2 STR, -2 AGL, +10 Radiation Resistance||739||6||00061A73|
|Outcast power armor||40||45 (25)||1000||+2 STR, -2 AGL, +10 Radiation Resistance||739||∞||00060C70|
|Power armor||40||45 (25)||1000||+2 STR, -2 AGL, +10 Radiation Resistance||739||∞||00014E13|
|Prototype medic power armor||40||45||1000||-1 AGL, +25 Radiation Resistance; vocally alerts to enemies; administers Med-X||999||1||0007836E|
|Tribal power armor||35||40 (30)||1000||+1 STR, +1 LCK, -1 AGL, +15 AP, +5 Melee Weapons||739||1||00B50F|
- Unique apparel are highlighted with a darker background
- See Fallout 3 armor and clothing for comparison against other types of power armor.
Power armor and helmet
- In the trenches near the Washington Monument by the bunker and up the stairs by the entrance are dead paladins, both wearing full suits of armor.
- Outside the GNR building plaza the player character can find a few dead paladins following the super mutant attack.
- Regular power armor can be acquired from the Capital Wasteland's merchants, although they rarely appear in stock.
- Crow will sell power armor suits when the player character expands his inventory twice.
- Friday, a vendor in the Pitt Downtown, also sells them.
- The Lone Wanderer receives a complete suit of power armor in 100% condition from Sarah Lyons at the beginning of the game's final quest, Take it Back!
- Brotherhood of Steel is attacking the mobile base crawler, some paladins may die in the assault, making an opportunity for the player character to loot the bodies and obtain regular or Brotherhood power armor. When the
- When doing the quest Following in His Footsteps upon first meeting Sarah Lyons and following her through the alley, the deceased Initiate Jennings will be lying on a mattress with a full suit of armor. The armor is in poor condition.
- Harkness in Rivet City may be seen wearing the armor after beating the game if Broken Steel is installed.
Brotherhood power armor and helmet
This variant is found on most fallen Brotherhood of Steel members.
Outcast power armor and helmet
Outcast power armor and Outcast power helmet can be acquired from the corpses of fallen Outcasts and from Fort Independence.
Lyons' Pride power armor
It can be acquired from the corpses of dead Lyons' Pride members during the Take it Back quest, or reverse-pickpocketing: Sentinel Lyons, Knight Captain Gallows, Paladin Vargas, Paladin Glade, Paladin Kodiak and Knight Captain Dusk.
Army power armor and helmet
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
The Army power armor and matching helmet can only be acquired on the PC version using console commands. It has a U.S. Army band on each shoulder.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Though not included as a complete object, the Fallout 3 "Textures.bsa" file contains a complete mesh for a pink power armor, and appears as a pink-painted armor with a white outline of a heart painted on the breastplate.
- When the player character wears the helmet, they are not affected by the voice changer when doing a power attack with their fists or a melee weapon.
- When anyone wearing power armor, including the player character, has a rifle holstered it will be pointing the opposite way compared to any other apparel, this is most easily seen with a sniper rifle or laser rifle holstered.
- The Brotherhood of Steel insignia is present on the left pauldron of all "plain" power armor.
- Owyn Lyons mentions research progress on modified recon armor when speaking with Scribe Bowditch.
- Owyn Lyons: "Scribe Bowditch, I trust you are well. I'm here for your progress report on the modified Recon Armor."
Bowditch: "Ah... you're a bit early today, sir. Regardless, I'm happy to report that the development of the Mark II Recon Armor unit is proceeding as planned."
Owyn Lyons: "I'm pleased to hear that. Do you anticipate any setbacks? Last month's progress was, well... let's call it "underwhelming.""
Bowditch: "There may be a slight delay in the enhancement of the ambulatory gyroscope. A few of the parts I need were lost in the recent... inventory reduction."
Owyn Lyons: "You'll make do, Bowditch. You always do."
Bowditch: "Thank you, sir. I appreciate it."
(Owyn Lyons and Bowditch's dialogue)