| || For an overview of all mines, see Land mines.|
For an overview of all anti-personnel mines, see Anti-personnel mines.
The powder charge is a crude improvised explosive consisting of a sealed tin can packed with dynamite, with a sensor module duct-taped to the side.
This weapon can be crafted by the player character.
Duct tape (1)
Sensor module (1)
Tin can (1)
Powder charge (1)
¹ Craftable without a workbench via a dialogue option with Veronica, or with ED-E once the add-on Lonesome Road is installed.
² Only 1 dynamite required when the player has the Hand Loader perk with the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on installed.
- Active powder charges can be found on the ground around Powder Ganger camps to the north, east and west of the NCR Correctional Facility, and around the perimeter fence of the facility itself. These charges may be disarmed and taken.
- May be sold by Cliff Briscoe, Carter, Blake, and Lacey.
- Despite requiring dynamite to craft, the weapon is not affected by the Cowboy perk.
- It is implied through dialogue with Decanus Severus that only the gunpowder within the dynamite is used, not the dynamite itself.
- These charges are much smaller than other proximity mines and can go unnoticed until they explode.
- The powder charge variant added by Gun Runners' Arsenal is the only craftable explosive that does not need the Mad Bomber perk to be able to craft, but instead the Hand Loader perk is required.
- It weighs half as much as the tin can used to make it.
- Though there is no Explosives skill requirement to use powder charges, crafting them requires a skill of 10.