| || For an overview of all mines, see Land mine.|
For an overview of all anti-personnel mines, see Anti-personnel mine.
The powder charge is a crude improvised explosive consisting of a sealed tin can packed with dynamite, with a sensor module duct-taped to the side. The weapon functions like other land mines and can be placed or disarmed in the same way. Like other placed explosives, it cannot be used in V.A.T.S.
This weapon can be crafted by the player character.
Duct tape (1)
Sensor module (1)
Tin can (1)
Powder charge (1)
¹ Craftable without a workbench via a dialogue option with Veronica, or with ED-E once the add-on Lonesome Road is installed.
² Only one dynamite is required when the player character has the Hand Loader perk with the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on installed.
- Active powder charges can be found on the ground around Powder Gangers camps to the north, east and west of the NCR Correctional Facility, and around the perimeter fence of the facility itself. These charges may be disarmed and taken.
- In the NCR Correctional Facility's cell block B, sold by Carter.
- May be sold by Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop.
- Purchased from Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Lacey sells the item at the Mojave Outpost barracks.
- Despite requiring dynamite to craft, the weapon is not affected by the Cowboy perk.
- It is implied through dialogue with Decanus Severus that only the gunpowder within the dynamite is used, not the dynamite itself.
- These charges are much smaller than other land mines and can go unnoticed until they explode.
- The powder charge variant added by Gun Runners' Arsenal is the only craftable explosive that does not need the Mad Bomber perk to be able to craft, but instead the Hand Loader perk is required.
- It weighs half as much as the tin can used to make it.
- Though there is no Explosives skill requirement to use powder charges, crafting them requires a skill of 10.