After completing The Order of the Tadpole, go to the RobCo Research Center and activate the Pioneer Scout Junior Robotics Tour speaker box. It is located directly below the RobCo sign at the front driveway.
The quest requires the player character to go through the Robco facility and grounds and listen to eight tour notes left by "the eminent" Dr. Clara Song, Ph.D.
Tour locations are as follows:
- Right next to a Pioneer Scouts logo under the RobCo sign next to the semi-truck where AWOL Armaments takes place.
- "Welcome to the RobCo Research Center, where we do things little children definitely don't need to know about! I, the eminent Dr. Clara Song, PhD, will be your guide. Dr. Song? You mean the award-winning researcher? The author of The Robotics of Then and Now? She's our tour guide? Now off we go! Meet me at the first tour stop and maybe try to learn something for once."
- Right in front of the open monorail car in the monorail tower connected to the building on the south side.
- "Here's something kids like: a monorail! Hey, did you know that the word monorail means that it only uses a single rail? That's right! This train hangs perilously above the ground on a single, very thin rail line! It's super cool! As long as you aren't afraid of heights."
- In the basement, which can be reached by taking the elevator. The speaker is directly ahead of where one exits the elevator.
- "Well, kids, I sure didn't expect to have to tell you about this dimly lit basement. But here we are! I should begin by saying that hurting people is a very bad thing, and you should never do it. But sometimes a company needs to take drastic measures to innovate. And keep lucrative government contracts. And really, what's more important in life than funding your livelihood? Certainly not a squeamish thing like morals."
- Another is located by going back to the ground floor, facing the elevator, and going left through the door marked "Research Wing." Go straight ahead and there is a door directly on the north wall ahead with a speaker next to it.
- "Here's where we conduct research on robots. I bet this is what all you little roboticists were hoping to see on this tour. Robots really are amazing. We can program them to do just about anything! But that takes experimentation. In an experiment, we test an idea - called a hypothesis - to see if it works. This tour is kind of an experiment, too! We're testing to see if little kids can truly appreciate the wonders of highly classified science. Can you guess where I stand on this? No? Well I wouldn't expect you to. Moving on."
- From the third speaker, continue heading through the Research Wing to the east, and again on the north wall is another speaker just in front of a large door marked "Robobrain Assembly" The door is bracketed by two large, round, light fixtures.
- "Look, this is exciting! Here's where we build the robots that we design! We build all our robots with interchangeable parts. That means we can switch out all kinds of things on them to give them different roles. That's why your household Mr. Handy can flip your pancakes, while the Army's can fire laser beams and machine guns. And flamethrowers and rockets. Just imagine all the cool things your robot could do for you if you could pay as much as the military!"
- When facing the fourth speaker, look to the right and see two single staircases across from each other. Head upstairs and immediately facing the balcony is a speaker next to a sign marked, "Quality Control."
- "This is our quality control center. As you can see, it's a tiny, smoke-filled room where our quality control specialists examine parts by hand. Inefficient, you say? Hardly. It's not like you can trust a robot to do this kind of work! And that's the lesson here, kids. Sometimes the real, tedious work needs a human touch. Even when it doesn't."
- The next speaker is in the Facilities Wing, at the bottom floor, by the Eyebot model in the center of the main hall.
- " These little guys broadcast propaganda. Have you heard propaganda before? I bet you have, even if you didn't know it! Propaganda teaches us about how very evil certain ideas are. Never mind if you've heard about a few and they don't seem that bad. No, all foreign ideologies are baseless and inferior. And don't let anyone tell you different."
- Just past the eyebot display, the next speaker is at a door marked "Robobrain R&D."
- "And here we have something highly, highly classified. Do you know what classified means? It means you should never, ever talk about it. In fact, it means we shouldn't have this posted on a sign in plain sight for all you lovely Pioneer Scouts. Luckily, you kids aren't old enough to read! Right?"
- To reach the last speaker, head up the staircase closest to the "Robobrain R&D" section and directly at the top of the stairs is the speaker, by the entrance to Dr Soong's boss' office.
- "Alright, kids, now we get to learn about another harsh reality of the working world. When all you children grow up big and strong, you get to have a boss! And you have to do what they say. Even when it's something that doesn't make sense, like showing off your secret research lab to cute little Pioneer Scouts. But when you pay the bills, you make the rules. That's the lesson."
At this point, the quest completes.