|For the company, see Poseidon Energy.|
Background[edit | edit source]
This Poseidon Energy corporation power plant uses natural gas and solar energy. Currently, a gang of raiders led by Cutty has set up defenses against the robot security active at this location, as well as encroaching mirelurks throughout the multiple levels within.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The facility's exterior is almost surrounded by catwalks patrolled by several raiders. The front and roof access doors are both Master locked. The southeast side of the facility has two drainpipes, one of which can be used to enter the Poseidon Energy sublevels.
The sublevel is partially submerged, making it a home for mirelurks, with a few automated defenses thrown in for good measure. There are two Novice-locked safes with minor loot: one through a submerged doorway near the security door terminal, and the other in an office supply closet with skeletons.
Entering from the sublevels leads right to the front door. A Novice-locked wall safe is near the "Restricted Area" sign visible from the front door. Through the yellow-lined doorway is another security terminal with a door. Opening this door will activate the main floor's automated defenses, which will start fighting the raiders on the catwalks above. Progress is pretty linear through this area with just a couple of side rooms, one of which contains a chemistry station. A short jaunt beyond the chemistry station is the ramp to the roof access door. Cutty clad in raider power armor awaits in the central structure, guarding the Endurance bobblehead and a Tesla Science magazine.
Synths have been sighted here attacking the raiders inside the building. Depending on the level, there may also be a courser. If one has a good relationship with the Institute, they will not attack.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Endurance bobblehead - On a desk in the upper area that contains the 'Glory' chair.
- Tesla Science Magazine - On the same desk as the Endurance bobblehead.
- Two Vault-Tec lunchboxes - In the lower flooded levels at the end of an underwater pipe in the west section, and on the eastern corner of the factory floor behind a ramp on the lower shelf.
- Cutty drops the Poseidon Energy key, which unlocks both the front and roof doors.
- A complete Giddyup Buttercup underwater in the area with the broken pipes in the northeast.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Rogue Courser: Preston Garvey has learned of a courser who has embedded himself within a raider gang. The player character needs to take him out before he can do too much damage.
- Variable Removal: PAM has intel on a courser in the field. An unchecked courser can cause tremendous damage to the Railroad and the Sole Survivor is tasked with eliminating it.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- A Permanent Solution: One of the leaders of the Nuka-World raider gangs tasks the player character with neutralizing a target to further their gang's aims.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Opening the security door on the floor level will reactivate the dormant security turrets and Protectrons within the facility.
- There is a flooded sub-level inside.
- There are two Master locked doors located on the car park and on the roof that can be used for easier access to the Endurance bobblehead and Tesla Science magazine.
Companion comments[edit | edit source]
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at the generator room - the part past the raider defenses.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Poseidon Energy appears only in Fallout 4.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Cutty may not be hostile towards the player character, likely due to the appearance of the synths.[verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.392-393: "[6.28] POSEIDON ENERGY
This Poseidon Energy corporation power plant uses natural gas and solar energy. Currently, a gang of raiders have set up defenses against the robot security active at this location, as well as encroaching mirelurks."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)