Referenced rewrite needed (all references and claims need checking, rewritten in objective tone)
To meet Nukapedia's quality standards, the following section requires the addition of relevant references and/or speculation removal.
Missing data (references missing)
This article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|This page is about the Poseidon Energy company. For the location in Fallout 4, see Poseidon Energy (location).|
Poseidon Energy was a pre-War energy conglomerate that operated a number of oil rigs, factories, refineries, gas stations, and power plants and with further operations in military defense contracts.
Poseidon Energy was focused on renewable and non-renewable power sources on both the east and west coasts of America, as well as research and development of new, more powerful weapons through their subsidiaries, so long as they remained profitable. Utilizing PoseidoNet, a national transfer system that provided communication between various facilities including Gecko's nuclear power plant, Enclave Oil Rig, Navarro, HELIOS One, the power plants of Appalachia, and other locations throughout the United States.
Poseidon Energy had several subsidiaries, projects, and products. Poseidon Gasoline served as the face of the gasoline market. Poseidon Energy, while also focusing on gasoline and oil production, involved itself with a number of alternative energy sources as well, such as solar and an affiliate, Petró-Chico in Mexico. The company utilized the Poseidon Power Management System in Appalachia to operate its nuclear power plants. The U-235 series outboard motor was developed by the company, advertised as an atomic outboard boat motor.
In its drive to control the energy market, Poseidon cooperated with other companies, such as Atomic Mining Services, and was openly hostile to organized labor. When Poseidon workers organized a walkout at Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06, supported by the Associated Miner's Union, the corporation called in the National Guard, which proceeded to gas the protesters using HalluciGen, Inc.'s riot control gas.
Several Poseidon-owned companies were given lucrative defense contracts by the U.S. government. Some of Poseidon's most promising research projects never reached their final stages. In the post-atomic world, technology scavengers like the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave still try in vain to decipher Poseidon's plans and either confiscate this technology or turn them into working models. Conversely, Poseidon employees such as Karl Oslow left due to work dissatisfaction. In Oslow's case, they became competitors themselves, founding competing company, Mass Fusion.
- Petró-Chico was "Un amigo de Poseidon Energy," a Mexico-based oil refinement and distribution company.
- Poseidon Oil focused on petroleum extraction and processing, although it also invested in other energy resources, including nuclear power.
- Poseidon Gasoline was Poseidon's division focusing on distributing gasoline and operating gas stations.
- Archimedes I, a base defense system, operated from HELIOS One
- Archimedes II, a mobile orbital laser strike system, targeted with Euclid's C-Finder
- PHOENIX, sub-dermal thermal armor implants
- Project SEMELE, initiative to develop an advanced plasma rifle
Behind the scenes
|Behind the scenes|
- Danse: "Poseidon Energy was one of the largest power companies on the East Coast. I heard they were trying to buy out Mass Fusion right before the war began."
- Navarro gas station
- Thunder Mountain Power Plant terminal entries#Thunder Mountain Master Control Terminal
- Callville Bay entryway sign
- Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06
- Hidden Valley bunker terminals; Terminal, Journal Entry 745
- Hidden Valley bunker terminals#Journal Entry 745
- Mass Fusion building terminal entries; Company History