The turbine is an open building with catwalks to access the roof and lower areas. Walking into the main entrance leads to a small area with a Nuka-Cola machine and a catwalk leading further down into the facility. Following the catwalk will lead to a broken section which one must swim through to reach the other side.
The catwalk past the broken area leads into a control room with a steamer trunk and a copy of Tumblers Today on a shelf next to some candles. The building is occupied by radroaches and bloatflies. Upon exiting the building, two leveled mirelurks will burst from the ground in front of the steps. There is an outside staircase to the right that leads to the rooftop, but no hatchway that leads inside.
- Tumblers Today issue #5 - In the metal control room located in the west corner of the facility; by the steamer trunk on a metal shelf at the end of the lower walkway past the water.
- Outside, opposite of the entrance on the hills, is a leveled power armor frame nearby a Stingray Deluxe and a utility Protectron.
- The name of this location is spelled Poseiden instead of Poseidon. This is fixed in the German, French and Polish translations of the game.
- The northwest side of the building has four power generators that give off up to +22 rads per second.
The Poseiden Energy Turbine #18-F appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
Poseiden Energy Turbine #18-F is based on the real world Exelon Mystic Generating Station on the shores of the Mystic River in Everett, Massachusetts. Its four combustion turbines are depicted in-game.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 291: "[2.28] POSEIDON ENERGY TURBINE #18-F
This is a small nuclear turbine used to the supply energy to much of the Commonwealth. The turbine is inactive. You find a quest item here if the quest is active. Clear the interior of disgusting mutant insects. Use the exterior roof as a defensive position if necessary."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)