Polly was Duchess' robot, which she used as protection to prevent assaults and robberies at The Wayward, in addition to using her as a servant and assistant. According to Duchess, her personality was based on a boxer who was an ex-girlfriend of her programmer; Sol instead believes her personality was modeled after Duchess herself.
Sol, a friend of Duchess, managed to convince her that Polly was "a lot more than that," seeing "a real lady" in the robot. While searching for Crane's treasure in Gauley Mine, Sol and Polly were overwhelmed by Scorched, and Sol took a bullet to the leg. Seeing him go down, Polly went berserk on the Scorched, but ended up losing her head, disconnected from her Assaultron body. When the player character discovers Polly, her head must be picked up to clean the cave of the Scorched and return to The Wayward.
When they are back at The Wayward, Polly's head is placed in a moonshine jug, as the player character goes to Duncan & Duncan Robotics in Summersville to attach a transmitter to a pristine robot which will become her new body. The body can be either an Assaultron body, a Mister Handy body, or a Protectron body.
Afterwards, the body is retrieved by Sol and Duchess, and Polly can be seen in the reception area of the bar after it formally opens with the body the player character has chosen.
Interactions with the player character
|This character cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Strength in Numbers: Polly and Sol must be rescued from Gauley Mine. Polly is damaged, but her head can be used to fend off the Scorched within the mine.
Effects of player's actions
- If Polly is given the Assaultron body, she will praise the player character and give them Polly's old head (headgear).
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- Polly is involved in some random conversations that may occur:
- If she was given a body she was unhappy with, Mort will tell her it's not that bad and she will thank him.
- Sol mentions possibly finding the Flatwoods monster but ran in fear. Polly calls him a coward.
- Sol talks to Polly about food. Sol mentions he found something but is not sure what it is, but guesses bread. Polly walks over to Sol to take a look, is horrified by it, and tells Sol he should burn it.
- Mort mentions Polly seems to be afraid of opossums and screamed encountering one, but Polly claims she was doing a battle cry.