| ||For an overview of police baton models that appear in the Fallout series of games, see Police baton.|
A weapon meant to keep order, used by long-gone police. Now used by peacekeepers and trouble-makers alike.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Lights Out outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The police baton can successfully strike about 1245 times from full condition before breaking.
- Potentially obtainable at the start of the game, during Ghost Town Gunfight/Run Goodsprings Run. One may take them off the corpses of Joe Cobb's Powder Gangers after they die during the firefight in Goodsprings.
- Can be found on Mr. RADical southeast of Novac in Clark Field.
- Multiple police batons can be found in Vault 34.
- May be used sometimes by Freeside thugs.
- Powder Gangers sometimes have them.
- Inside Ranger station Charlie after when one is given the task of checking on them, it is in the bottom left metal box inside the station.
Playstation 3 Stealing NCR Chief Hanlon's police baton out of his personal locker at the foot of his bed and going outside and dropping it then tossing it off the concrete ledge at the resort will always result in a system freeze and will require a hard shutdown. [verified]