Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics
- The Fast Metabolism trait sets initial poison resistance to 0.
- The Snakeater perk increases poison resistance by 25% per rank.
- The Vault City Inoculations perk increases poison resistance by 10%.
- The average NPC has a 25% poison resistance.
- In Fallout, Poison Resistance capped at 100%, although it cannot be raised past 75%.
- In Fallout 2, it is capped at 95%.
Poison Resistance is also present in Fallout 3. It has a much smaller part than in the previous games since only a few enemies (Radscorpions chief among them) use poison, and poison effects tend to be weak.
Example: A starting Endurance of 5.
- The Cyborg perk can increase resistance by +10%.
- The Survival Expert perk can add between an additional +2% to +6%.
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: New Vegas uses the same equation as Fallout 3, but Poison Resistance has much more use: there are cazadores, bark scorpions, night stalkers, and weapon poisons, all in addition to radscorpions. In Lonesome Road, there are also venomous tunnelers. Moreover, poison in Fallout: New Vegas is generally much more lethal.
Honest Hearts perks
- Tribal Wisdom increases the poison resistance by 25%.
Old World Blues perks
- Mile in Their Shoes - after consuming the nightstalker squeezin's, poison resistance is increased by 5%.
- Cardiac Arrest increases poison resistance by 50%.
- Heartless makes the player character immune to poisoning.
Items and consumables
- Gecko-backed leather armor, Gecko-backed metal armor and variants (+15)
- Wasteland tequila (+5, affected by survival) and Large wasteland tequila
- Snakebite tourniquet cures poison and +85 resistance (30s)
- Antivenom, Datura antivenom and Fiery purgative cure poisoning.
- Hazmat suit (+85 resistance)
- Blood Shield (+50 up to +85 depending on the player character's Medicine)
Poison Resistance is not a derived statistic in Fallout 4. Acquiring it is only possible via three methods:
- Astoundingly Awesome Tales #5: Grants +5 Poison Resistance.
- Legendary Armor pieces with the Poisoner's modifier: Grants +25 Poison Resistance. A maximum of 5 pieces can be worn at once, totaling +125 Poison Resistance
- Med-X: Temporarily provides +250 Poison Resistance
- Tunnel Snakes outfit: Grants +10 Poison Resistance.
Poison resistance can be acquired via the following:
- Poisoner's armor: +25 poison resistance (per piece)
- Funky Duds legendary perk: +50/100/150/200 poison resistance
- Tato soup¹: +10 poison resistance
- Cave fungus soup¹: +10 poison resistance
- Grognak the Barbarian issue #3²: +15 poison resistance
- Astoundingly Awesome Tales issue #9²: +15 poison resistance
- ¹² These share the same buff and as a result, cannot be stacked with each other.