This article needs to be updated (Issue: Layout needs Wastelanders info)
To meet Nukapedia's quality standards, this article or section may require updating. Please help by improving the article.
Sitting on the shores of the Ohio River, bordering the neighboring town of Gallipolis, Point Pleasant was a small, quiet town that mostly served as a transportation stopover on the way across the Ohio River. Its single biggest attraction was the famous Mothman Museum, dedicated to one of Appalachia's most well known cryptids. What the town did not advertise was the fact that the museum was also home to a cult that sprung up around the creature, worshipping it as a deity.
After the Great War, the town was first controlled by raiders, before power shifted hands to the Responders, who used Point Pleasant as their outpost on the shores of the Ohio River. Operating out of the converted church, the Responders held out for a long time, until Appalachia fell to the Scorched.
The town would remain a nest of Scorched activity in the following years, until 2103 brought with it the sudden re-emergence of the Cult of the Mothman. The cult quickly established control of the town, fortifying its northern and southern entrances with bizarre organic masses of black roots and branches that now entwine the corpses of the former Scorched occupiers.
A small town near Vault 76, it was home to a museum of the Mothman which has since been destroyed. A small outpost of Responders were stationed in the town but was overrun by Scorched sometime before 2102. Multiple barricades and ramparts on the roofs of buildings appear incomplete and it seems the town was not well defended nor were there many Responder personnel stationed here. A small medical center was established in the church on the edge of town where multiple Responder corpses can be found.
Point Pleasant is a compact little town, with most of the buildings boarded up and blocked off. The rooftops give excellent views of the streets below and allow for hunting down any monsters with ease. The downtown and adjacent street are mostly walled off, making navigation a bit more challenging. The state roads wind around the town itself, branching off and bypassing the downtown along the river to the west and by the main Responder outpost in the church to the east. The Responder church contains a safe, usual medical loot, a chem station, and medical supplies automated vendor.
The apartment block across the street from the Mothman Museum is mostly gutted, although there is a safe within the store. North of it, past the boarded-up building, is an open garage with a potential power armor spawn. The eastern road, passing behind the museum, includes an ammo vendor and a weapons workbench.
- See also: Mothman Museum notable loot
- Holotapes and notes
- Interloper - Holotape, found in the southern apartment across from the Point Pleasant bus stop on a nightstand. The apartment is accessed by jumping onto the fire escape from the top of the nearby truck.
- The Mothman Cometh - Part 2 - Holotape, found sitting on the television in the same apartment.
- Wilson's Bros. garage - Note, in the same apartment, found next to the interloper holotape on the dresser.
- Search teams - Note, in the church being used as a makeshift hospital on a desk near a Responder corpse.
- Leaving at dawn - Note, found on a metal table on the roof just west of the entrance to the church.
- South bridge watch - Note, found on the rooftop of the hardware store with the power armor, sitting on the cinderblocks of the campfire.
- Note from Miller - Note, found to the left of the base of the Mothman statue.
- C.H. Monthly, January - Note, inside the same apartment as the Mothman Cometh - Part 2 holotape, on a small nightstand near a door.
- C.H. Monthly, October - Note, inside the same apartment as the Mothman Cometh - Part 2 holotape, directly opposite of the small nightstand.
- Other loot
- Mothman Museum key - Inside the same apartment room where the Interloper holotape is found, underneath the bed's left pillow.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - Found on the rooftop of the hardware store opposite the western bridge with random power armor pieces attached.
- Potential weapon mod plan - In the open garage, on a cabinet to the left of a power armor station.
- Two potential workshop plans:
- Inside the church, on a small metal shelf opposite of the chemistry workbench.
- Inside the Mothman Museum, on the second floor, on a desk behind a tinker's workbench.
- Mothman eggs - Found on the ground around the Mothman statue and around a makeshift shrine table near the collapsed west bridge.
- Three potential recipes:
- Sitting on a wooden crate near the campfire on the same roof.
- On a roof with a blue and white tent, on a lower metal shelf.
- On the back veranda facing the river, on a small table, near the ice cream shop.
- Three potential armor mods:
- Inside the church, on a metal shelf close to the northern door.
- Inside the church, on a wooden shelf to the right of a Picklock 2 safe.
- On the left side of the hardware store, on a shelf underneath a 'Plumbing' sign, to the left of a large toolbox.
- Two potential weapon mods:
- Near the weapons workbench in front of the hunting supplies store, on top of a stacked wooden crate.
- In the open garage near a power armor station, on top of a crate.
- ↑ Real-life history.
- ↑ The cult chambers beneath the museum.
- ↑ Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide: "27. POINT PLEASANT
Point Pleasant is home to the Mothman Museum and the adjacent statue. Its recent past has seen it change hands from a Raider to a Responder camp, though the current inhabitants are Scorchers and some mutated and unpleasant wildlife. Expect a number of inaccessible dwellings, upper rooftops with ramps, and bridges connecting them to narrow interiors, allowing for you to dodge violence as well as explore. Clear the rooftops of Scorchers first, before venturing into structures and finally securing the town.
Don't forget to search for "The Mothman Cometh" holotapes (parts 1 and 2), and observe the worrying sacrificial display by the river. Check the church for the remains of a Responders triage center. Attempt to enter the Mothman Museum via either the locked front door (1) or the rear upper back door (0); then unlock the toilet door (2), which leads to a secret staircase into the basement, where true cultist horrors await!"
- ↑ Search teams
- ↑ Leaving at dawn