|For a cross-game overview of brass knuckles, see brass knuckles.|
Developed in antiquity, this weapon is prevalent in the post-War wastelands.
Brass knuckles, or knuckledusters, take the form of four linked metal rings in a shallow convex formation with a bumper attached to the concave face. The rings are slipped over a combatant's fingers with the bumper pressed into the palm of the hand.
When a punch is thrown, the brass knuckles take the majority of the impact impulse, transferring much of the punch's kinetic energy to the target by way of the harder, smaller impacting surface of the metal knuckles. This drastically increases the likelihood of serious tissue disruption and bone damage.
Plunkett's Valid Points was Junders Plunkett's weapon of choice, a lightweight set of spiked knuckles. Plunkett had murdered many using his fists alone. When his raider brethren were hunted down by Regulators he sought refuge in Arlington House, where he awaits someone worthy to hunt him down and take up the knuckles, hoping the bounty hunter will seek out a just cause with it.
Plunkett's Valid Points are a unique version of the spiked knuckles. It inflicts 3 more damage per hit than the regular set of spiked knuckles, and have double the chances of a Critical Hit. The spiked knuckles only have the standard chance at criticals.
Perhaps the biggest selling point for this weapon is the fact that it has one of the lowest Action-Point costs per-shot of almost any weapon in Fallout 3. Assuming you have maximum Agility and the Action Boy/Action Girl perk, one could string together seven hits in a single V.A.T.S. attack.
Plunkett's Valid Points can successfully strike about 333 times from full condition before breaking.
- Brass knuckles - The common variant found in Fallout 3.
- Steel knuckles - Slightly stronger than the regular brass knuckles, the steel knuckles only use 14 AP per V.A.T.S. swing.
- Spiked knuckles - A variant of knuckles with spikes affixed.
- Love Tap - A variant of the regular Knuckles that was cut from the base game.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Plunkett's Valid Points||12||18.9||1.58||x2||12||15||1.6||333||1||30||30|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Plunkett's Valid Points are dropped by Junders Plunkett who is found at the Arlington House in the Arlington Cemetery. You must have the Lawbringer perk to get this item. The contract for his bounty can be found on the body of a dead Regulator nearby, though finding this is not necessary for finding Plunkett.