Once a luxurious resort catering to the wealthy denizens of the Eastern Seaboard, with a variety of skiing and hiking trails, as well as luxury spas and other amenities, the ski resort boasted "an authentic rustic experience." In August of 2076, the resort experienced blizzard-like conditions, described as "impossible for the time of year." Unknown to the resort staff, this was the result of the ATLAS Program testing its weather modification systems.
The vacationers who were trapped here following the bombs dropped formed many of the raider factions who terrorized Appalachia. Cut off from civilization by the Great War, the wealthy clientele realized they had no meaningful survival skills or tools to eke out an existence when the supplies ran out. The brutal mountain winter of 2077-78 took a great toll, forcing them to turn to savagery and cannibalism. This lead to the emergence of Appalachian raiders, led by the vicious David Thorpe, who quickly unseated Harland McClintock as the leader of the unpleasant folks of Pleasant Valley.
The resort has two major areas, the raider stronghold, crafted out of wood, junk, and canvas, and the derelict resort buildings. Several cabins can be explored in the area. The fortress used to cover the ground approach to the resort and was used as a stronghold and barracks by the raiders. It is still filled with their corpses and numerous weapon spawns. There's also a tuba in the cul-de-sac, for the musically (and experience) inclined.
The resort proper is mostly derelict and boarded up. Only the main building remains, accessible from the reception and luggage collection desk. From there, the player character can use the collapsed balcony to access the upper floor and descend first to the office and resort shop with a raider bot set up inside (with several high-value loot spawns in the back room), and to the basement, where the luggage area is located. Accessing it requires the ID card, located beneath the rug in front of the door. To find the key, the player character must first complete Rose's quest, Key to the Past.
- The assassins - Note, found during Seeker of Mysteries.
- Harland's up to no good - Holotape, in the office opposite vendor bot Resin's shop.
- Stanley's note - Note, southwest of the ski resort building, in a ski lift cabin nearby two camps.
- Four potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- In the red ski lift converted into a guard tower at the front gate, near Stanley's note.
- Inside the main lodge, on a shelf next to the three teddy bears in the trading post.
- In the office opposite vendor bot Resin's shop, on the same desk as "Harland's up to no good" holotape.
- On the first floor of Resin's shop, on a small round table to the left of the open bureau.
- Two potential magazines:
- Raider cache keycard - Key, under the doormat leading to the cache. Requires completing Key to the Past.
- Brody's password - Found during Seeker of Mysteries by resetting Brody's password using the Pleasant Valley Network Administration terminal inside the resort.
- Two Stealth Boys:
- On a conveyor belt behind the reception desk, in the same cabin as Resin's shop.
- Inside the office opposite of Resin's shop, on top of a small wooden shelf.
- Potential workshop plan - On the counter of Resin's shop, to the right of a cash register.
- Potential weapon mod - On a top shelf in Resin's shop.
The Pleasant Valley Ski Resort appears only in Fallout 76.