| ||For an overview of plastic explosives in the Fallout series, see plastic explosives.|
Plastic explosives are, pound for pound, more powerful than dynamite, causing 40-80 points of damage, and sport a wider blast radius. Correspondingly, plastic explosives are more expensive than dynamite.
Plastic explosives have a timer that can be set to anywhere between 10 seconds and 3 minutes, in 10-second increments.
In Fallout, plastic explosives must be dropped manually, even if held in the active item slots. In Fallout 2 however, if they are activated in the active item slots, they drop automatically.
Plastic explosives are harder to come by when scrounging, but military facilities often have at least a few charges in stock. Most shops do not carry plastic explosives, even if they carry dynamite. In terms of shopping, the best bet is to try higher-end weapons shops. Along with their big-ticket guns, some may have a few bundles of plastique.
- Tine Taylor, the underground merchant in the Boneyard, sells them.
- Two can be found in a footlocker on the south side of Level 4 in the Mariposa Military Base (near the inactive Mister Handy)
- Some can be found on a corpse on Level 2 of The Glow.
- Found in a pot in the 3rd room of the Temple of Trials. However it must be used to break open a stone door.
- Lao Chou in San Francisco sells some in his general store.
- 2 Found in a Locker in the North East corner of the Barracks in the Enclave Oil Rig