| ||For an overview of plasma rifle models, see Plasma rifle.|
The P94 is a bulky, industrial-grade energy caster powered by microfusion cells. The superheated plasma bolt forms in a special chamber then sent down a superconducting barrel and stabilized by electromagnetic claws upon exiting it.
The Winchester P94 is a powerful single-shot energy weapon, roughly doubling the damage per shot of even the best conventional rifles available in the game, capable of taking out nearly any bipedal enemy with a single critical to the eyes. At 25 hexes, however, its range is only about half that of many other higher-end single-shot weapons.
With its stats unchanged from the predecessor, the Winchester P94 remains a potent energy weapon in Fallout 2, with the same drawback of a relatively short range. It averages 47.5 Hit Points per non-critical attack on unarmored targets, and 21.5 HP on medium-armored targets, sometimes exceeding 200 HP in a good Critical Hit.
A superior version of this weapon exists, with a hotwired plasma bolt chamber, called the turbo plasma rifle.
- In the Mariposa Military Base and the Cathedral.
- Certain super mutants can be looted for these.
- Bought from the Gun Runners, Zack sells one for $3225.
- One example also exists in the secure testing labs of the Glow.
- Carried by some super mutants.
- Carried by some Enclave members in Enclave patrols.
- Navarro underground, in the armory.
- Carried by few Enclave soldiers in Navarro.
- Sierra Army Depot.
- In a locker at Navarro
Behind the scenesEdit
- Elder Owyn Lyons mentions the P94 plasma rifle when in dialogue in Fallout 3, but it is not in the actual game, being replaced by the urban plasma rifle.
- According to the Fallout demo, the plasma rifle was originally going to be called "Plasma Caster".