| || For an overview of plasma pistol variants in the Fallout series of games, see plasma pistol.|
For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Plasma pistol (GRA).
This plasma pistol has five tributary energy arcs connected to a central cathode, and the cathode functions as a point of focus, or the barrel. The energy is projected forward, probably by an electromagnetic propeller built around the cathode. The propelled energy forms a plasma pinch; though rather slow, the pinch carries high levels of both thermal and kinetic energy.
The plasma pistol is a powerful energy-based pistol, firing superheated bolts of green plasma. It is able to punch through most critters and low-level types of armor with ease.
The plasma pistol can cause 33 damage per shot in good condition before added perks, while remaining fairly accurate and cheap to use in V.A.T.S. Furthermore, it is considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed so long as the Courier's Sneak skill is 50 or greater.
However, like the other plasma-based weapons, the plasma pistol suffers from common drawbacks, it consumes two energy cells with every shot, eating through ammunition at a much faster pace. Additionally, upon firing, the plasma pistol's projectile produces a large green burst of light which partially obstructs view, and the plasma bolts travel at a very slow rate resulting in the need to lead the shot.
The plasma pistol can fire a total of about 745 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 47 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Plasma pistol (GRA) - A non-unique, customizable variant of the plasma pistol.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Gloria Van Graff carries one plasma pistol.
- Goodsprings - occasionally sold by Chet.
- Gun Runners - it can be found on the far right back table in the workshop.
- Isaac of the Gun Runners carries one.
- Hidden Valley bunker - can be found in Head Paladin Hardin's room in perfect condition.
- NCR Correctional Facility - Eddie carries one in his inventory.
- Nipton - in the house with the Mister Gutsy prototype, located under the workbench just inside the front door.
- REPCONN headquarters - it can be found lying on a desk, on the first floor behind a locked door.
- Silver Rush, Freeside - one is located on the display table and another in an upstairs bedroom.
- The Silver Rush crier carries one.
- Sloan - under the railway bridge just south is a corpse with the pistol.
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Non-player characters who are given the plasma pistol will carry the correct ammunition (energy cells), but will carry drained microfusion cells instead of drained small energy cells. [verified]
| || |