|This is an overview article which contains background information and cross-game comparisons. For game-specific information and stats, see the articles linked on the right.|
Models[edit | edit source]
Glock 86[edit | edit source]
The Austrian-made Glock 86 plasma pistol (also referred to as the Plasma Defender) was designed before the Great War by the Gaston Glock artificial intelligence. It shoots a small bolt of superheated plasma and is powered by a small energy cell.
Urban plasma pistol[edit | edit source]
This plasma pistol has five tributary energy arcs connected to a central cathode, and the cathode functions as a point of focus, or the barrel. The energy is projected forward and forms a plasma pinch; though rather slow, the pinch carries high levels of both thermal and kinetic energy.
- For other versions in Fallout Shelter, see: rusty plasma pistol, tuned plasma pistol, focused plasma pistol, amplified plasma pistol
- For the unique version found in Fallout Shelter, see: MPXL Novasurge
MPLX Novasurge[edit | edit source]
Developed by Doctor Aldwin Morley 14 years before the Great War, as a secretive prototype to the Enclave’s plasma pistol, this prototype plasma pistol also proves a conspiracy theory suspected long before the War. At the time, concern was focused on energy cell drain and weight problems caused by the coolant coils, but resulted in the frame being approved and used for the final design. Shortly after, it was stolen from the conspiracy by an organization called Quaere Verum, but was buried in a safe in a desert after being revealed to the Enclave by Morley, who had been posing as a double-agent and allowing the group to steal the Novasurge prototype before prompting Enclave agents to exterminate the group. The pistol was later taken by aliens who brought up both the safe that contained the gun and the computer terminal required to remotely unlock the safe.
Modular plasma gun[edit | edit source]
This plasma weapon is similar in design to the urban plasma rifle, though it differs slightly in appearance. It is highly modular, being available in pistol, rifle, scattergun, sniper and flamethrower configurations. Unlike other plasma weapons, it utilizes plasma cartridges for ammunition.
References[edit | edit source]
- Name in Fallout: New Vegas
- In-game description for the plasma pistol in Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. 
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.110 "A secretive prototype to the Enclave’s Plasma Pistol, the Novasurge functions in a very similar manner, and proves a conspiracy theory you long suspected. There are other bonuses too; the MPLX Novasurge inflicts more than three times the damage of a Plasma Pistol, with a bigger Crit % Mult too. Unfortunately, it is heavier and uses ammunition twice as quickly. Repair it using Plasma Pistols. It is found in a safe in the Debris Pile after you unlock it by hacking Reid Underwood’s Terminal inside the Mothership Zeta Cargo Hold [MZ2.11]."
- MPLX "Novasurge" prototype plasma pistol
- Reid Underwood's terminal