|For an overview of all grenades, see hand grenade.|
For an overview of other plasma grenades, see plasma grenade.
Plasma grenades are very rare but powerful thrown explosives. When detonated, a small explosive in the grenade ruptures the magnetic seal containing a charge of superheated plasma energy.
It is not recommended to use them against advanced power armor as it can absorb around 50-80% damage. However, just about everyone and everything else has a low plasma resistance, making this grenade type the most useful late to end game.
- Shady Sands sheriff's department has one in a container.
- Navarro underground - Four can be found in a container.
- Sierra Army Depot courtyard, level 2, and 4 have several plasma grenades in containers.
- Carried by Hubologists in random encounters featuring five standing in a circle, one is guaranteed to have several on their person. Unlike most other situations, failing a steal does not provoke them into hostility and does not damage Karma/reputation, making plasma grenades potentially more plentiful than frag grenades.
- Sometimes used by mercenaries in random encounters.
- Sometimes used by the Enclave.