| ||For the Pitt raider faction, see Pitt raiders (faction).|
Interactions with player characterEdit
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Before entering The Hole, Pitt raiders and guards will show the Lone Wanderer little respect and often call them "scab" and "slave". Following the player character's success in the Hole, their demeanor will change and begin to respect them more and more.
- If one chooses to free the slaves by killing Lord Ashur and his followers during the main questline, then no more Pitt raiders will respawn afterward, making the special Pitt raider armors they wear limited in quantity.
- If one's Intelligence is high enough, they may refer to the player character as "professor"; likewise, they comment on one's Strength if it is high enough. After completing the fights in The Hole, they may refer to the player character as "newbie".
The first time Pitt raiders of the generic variant are encountered is in the Capital Wasteland when answering Wernher's radio signal. In The Pitt itself, they are guarding every area except for the steelyard. Generic Pitt raiders are marginally stronger than standard raiders; they also have slightly superior armor and equipment.
The three Pitt raiders sent to pursue Wernher into the Capital Wasteland may be equipped with metal armor, making them somewhat tougher than average.
If one manages to lure any friendly rendered raiders (such as any raider encountered through a random encounter or any raider that followed them from the nearby satellite towers) towards where one finds Wernher fighting with Pitt raiders, the Capital Wasteland raiders will actually shoot at The Pitt raiders, and leave Wernher alone.
- "If you're so damn smart, how'd you end up here, huh?"
- "You'd best get back to work, grinder."
- "You got brains, but you're no Ashur."
- "Good to see another mean bastard in The Pitt."
- "Look at the guns on you, huh?"
- "If it ain't the smartest asshole in The Pitt."