Piper Wright is a reporter living in Diamond City in 2287 and possible companion of the Sole Survivor. She runs her own newspaper called Publick Occurrences, which she operates with her younger sister, Nat.
- 1 Background
- 2 Interactions with the player character
- 3 Inventory
- 4 Notes
- 5 Notable quotes
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Bugs
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Piper grew up in a small community on the outskirts of the Commonwealth with Nat and their father, a member of the local militia. After her father was found dead under suspicious circumstances, Piper learned that he had discovered a raider plot to sack the town. His superior, Captain Mayburn, arranged to leave the main gate open and unguarded one night to allow raiders access in exchange for a cut of the loot and had Piper's father murdered to keep him silent.
The local authorities did not believe her claims and refused to investigate. Piper then created and circulated wanted posters featuring the captain and a list of his crimes. The conspicuously public accusation got the attention of the town's mayor, who accepted Piper's evidence. The settlers, outraged by the story, exiled Mayburn. When the raiders eventually showed up expecting the gate to be wide open, they instead encountered prepared defenses by alerted townsfolk and were driven away.
Eventually, Piper and Nat saved enough money to relocate to Diamond City, where she began her career as an investigative journalist. Her fervor for discovering the truth made her popular for a while, but eventually, public opinion turned against her because her articles were seen as being "too negative" which caused her to get into a lot of trouble. Despite multiple death threats and an assassination attempt, finding herself in sticky situations is a point of pride for Piper, who feels getting into trouble is just part of chasing the truth.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the Gift of Gab perk.|
|This character is romanceable.||
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Jewel of the Commonwealth: Piper is encountered stuck outside Diamond City after Danny Sullivan closed the gate by order of the mayor. She makes up a story about the Sole Survivor being a trader in order to be let back in.
- Story of the Century: Piper asks the Sole Survivor to join her in her office after meeting them at the gate, as she wants to interview them for an article in Publick Occurrences. The result is the three-part story View from the Vault.
- Reunions: Piper and Nick Valentine have a conversation with the Sole Survivor about what to do next in the search for Shaun after Kellogg is killed.
- In Sheep's Clothing: Piper can be found attempting to apprehend McDonough after shooting Danny Sullivan when his identity as a synth is discovered.
- The Enemy of My Enemy
Effects of player's actions
- When the Sole Survivor first encounters Piper she is on the verge of exile from Diamond City for writing an article suggesting that Mayor McDonough is a synth. While arguing with the gate guard to be let back in, she asks for the Sole Survivor's assistance in bluffing past security. Once inside, Piper gets into an argument with the mayor who accuses her of spreading lies. When the dialogue is complete Piper asks the Sole Survivor to stop by her office. Completing an interview with her leads to Piper offering to travel with the player character and watch their back as they adjust to life in the wasteland.
- Piper becomes available as a companion after completion of Reunions, even when the player character has not completed Story of the Century beforehand.
- At maximum affinity Piper awards the Gift of Gab perk, which doubles experience from persuasion successes and finding new locations.
- Piper is a potential candidate for romance, an option that unlocks after reaching the highest level of affinity.
- Piper can be caught talking to Nick Valentine about "one of his clients" as Nick refers to you, as after hearing this conversation, Piper will say, "Well, well. Speak of the devil...'
- If Piper is the Sole Survivor's traveling companion, she is neutral on initiating an attack and killing the Children of Atom in the Crater of Atom. She is still negative on taking any items from their settlement after killing them, though.
Range of interests
- If the Sole Survivor has found Nick Valentine before traveling to Diamond City, the gate will already be open and the mayor will be interacting with Piper inside.
- Paladin Danse has a line of unique dialogue during the introduction with the mayor at Diamond City gate, despite his normally being unavailable as a companion until later in the Main Quest. If the Sole Survivor states that they believe in Freedom of the Press, Danse will comment, "I believe the press often manipulates the truth in order to deliver their agenda."
- Diamond City security will tell the player character to be careful about having her as a companion because of the trouble between her and the mayor.
- If the Sole Survivor hasn't done her interview yet, then exits Diamond City and enters again later, Piper can be found in Mayor McDonough's office accusing his secretary of sleeping with him.
- As the Sole Survivor's companion, she will often offer aid in the form of "sweet" food and drink (bubblegum, gumdrops, Nuka-Cola, Sugar Bombs or sweet rolls). This is similar to Strong who offers food as well, but in the form of meats.
- Bringing Piper back to Diamond City may cause Nat to run up to her and relate a story about being given detention at school. Piper may then tell her she is grounded, much to Nat's chagrin; however, another conversation has Piper congratulate Nat on getting detention (due to punching a boy who was annoying her), telling her never to change.
- She also has an interaction with the Sole Survivor about how she believes Nat idolizes her too much, hoping that time apart will prevent Nat from growing up to be like her. The Sole Survivor can choose to offer advice on how to deal with the situation.
- Occasionally, when passing Takahashi, Piper will tell the Sole Survivor she wants to introduce them to her informant. She will jokingly interrogate Takahashi, finishing by saying that Takahashi "spilled the beans, I bet your name isn't even really Blue."
- Visiting the upper levels with Piper will cause Wellingham to pretend to loudly throw her out, while secretly sharing a bit of gossip and intrigue with her.
- If the player character ends the main quest by siding with the Institute and then talks to Piper, she might be distraught and angry at the player character for the world thus created, though the player character can still have her travel with them as a companion. However, if the player character's affinity with Piper is high enough (or grows high enough), she will write an article titled Fear the Future? where she is revealed to be more optimistic, though still wary, of the future.
- If the player character ends the main quest by siding with the Railroad, the Brotherhood of Steel or the Minutemen and talks to Piper afterward, she will express relief that the Institute is gone, and will write an article titled The Boogeyman banished?.
- She has a unique line during Boston After Dark, chastising the Sole Survivor if they ask what a dead drop is.
|Piper Wright's location comments|
|Fallon's department store (West Roxbury township)||"I'd take Diamond City Market over this place any day."|
|Diamond City, entrance||""|
|Combat Zone, exterior||""|
|Boston Airport, before the barricades||""|
|Boston Airport, before the barricades after the Brotherhood of Steel arrive||""|
|Cabot House, exterior by the shrubbery||""|
|Parsons State Insane Asylum, entrance foyer on the rug just past the front door; during the quest The Secret of Cabot House.||""|
|Jamaica Plain, northwest road entrance, by the diner||""|
|Vault 81, entrance walkway||""|
|Covenant, gate exterior||""|
|Bunker Hill, base of stairs to the monument - before the gate||""|
|Parking garage, after entering the parking garage||""|
|Public Works maintenance area||""|
|Sentinel site, bomb storage room entrance||""|
|Sentinel site, gantry just inside the main entrance||""|
|Sentinel site, exterior entrance||""|
|Ticonderoga, penthouse foyer||""|
|Old North Church, catacombs||""|
|Old North Church, nave||""|
|Hubris Comics, shop floor||""|
|Hubris Comics, top floor studio||""|
|Starlight Drive-In, in the projection room||""|
|Starlight Drive-In, at the screen||""|
|Wilson Atomatoys corporate HQ, Arlen Glass' office||""|
|Wilson Atomatoys corporate HQ, foyer display||""|
|West Everett Estates, backyard bunker||""|
|Walden Pond, just in front of said cabin.||""|
|Milton General Hospital, basement morgue||""|
|Milton General Hospital, waiting foyer||""|
|Vault 95, Overseer's office||""|
|Museum of Witchcraft||""|
|Museum of Witchcraft||""|
|Vault 75, combat training room||""|
|Vault 75, entrance||""|
|Vault 114, entrance construction||""|
|Vault 111, cryonic stasis room||""|
|Vault 114, exterior tunnel construction||""|
|Trinity Church, theatrical rigging||""|
|Trinity Church, nursery||""|
|Thicket Excavations, near the waters edge; before the conclusion of the quest Pull the Plug.||""|
|Gwinnett Brewery, brewing floor||""|
|Combat Zone, front row||""|
|Boston Common, just in front of the infantry fighting vehicle||""|
|South Boston military checkpoint||""|
|Skylanes Flight 1981||""|
|Sandy Coves Convalescent Home, captain's room||""|
|Rocky Narrows Park, at the playground||""|
|Robotics disposal ground, in front of the sentry bot||""|
|Revere Beach station, end tunnel raider encampment||""|
|Ranger cabin, inside, next to the skeleton||""|
|Quincy ruins, Freeway stronghold bridge to roof catwalks||""|
|Quincy ruins, southeast entrance||""|
|Boston Police rationing site, in front of the trailer kiosk||""|
|Fiddler's Green Trailer Estates, entrance||""|
|Natick power station||""|
|Nahant Oceanological Society, second floor||""|
|Nahant Oceanological Society, research laboratory||""|
|Gorski Cabin, root cellar workshop||""|
|University Point, just inside the gate||""|
|Mass Fusion disposal site||""|
|Mahkra Fishpacking, basement store room||""|
|Vault 81, observation room||""|
|Libertalia, at the top of the main structure||""|
|Kingsport Lighthouse, at the top beacon||""|
|WRVR broadcast station, control room||""|
|Jamaica Plain, treasure room||""|
|Jamaica Plain, security room||""|
|Jalbert Brothers Disposal, at the barn with the barrels||""|
|Super-Duper Mart, front counters||""|
|Irish Pride Industries shipyard, at the corpse of Rory Rigwell||""|
|Cambridge crater, edge||""|
|Hub City Auto Wreckers, while on the crane||""|
|Hester's Consumer Robotics, entrance: showroom floor||""|
|College Square, the square||""|
|Fort Hagen, command center – outside the gated main room, next to the door||""|
|Greater Mass blood clinic, basement storage||""|
|Atom Cats garage, unable to determine due to bugged content.||""|
|Gunners plaza, cafeteria – before the staircase||""|
|Gunners plaza, main entrance of the atrium writer's room||""|
|When walking on a mirelurk infested beach, between Reeb Marina and Gibson Point Pier.||""|
|General Atomics factory, quality assurance test chamber||""|
|Back Alley Bowling, at the lanes||""|
|General Atomics Galleria, at the gate||""|
|Fort Strong, sublevel in the room before the main mini nuke storage room.||""|
|West Roxbury station, platform||""|
|Federal Surveillance Center K-21B, gantry overlook||""|
|Faneuil Hall, the hall||""|
|Concord civic access, main pipe room||""|
|Fairline Hill Estates, at the fortified house||""|
|Fairline Hill Estates, at the entrance to the cul-de-sac||""|
|Easy City Downs||""|
|Easy City Downs, northern corner fence hole to the racetrack, next to the stands||""|
|East Boston Preparatory School, third floor torture chamber||""|
|USS Constitution, after quest the completion of the quest Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution||""|
|Weatherby Savings & Loan, before the completion of the quest Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution||""|
|D.B. Technical High School, basement – after killing Bosco or at the throne||""|
|Croup Manor, basement||""|
|Crater House, edge of crater||""|
|Corvega assembly plant, entrance of the assembly line room||""|
|Coast Guard Pier, either at the corner of the pier by the tower, or the center of the building. The super mutants were supposed to be wearing Coast Guard hats.||""|
|Chestnut Hillock Reservoir||""|
|Shaw High School, cafeteria||""|
|Charles View Amphitheater||""|
|Cabot House, laboratory||""|
|Cabot House, living room||""|
|Bunker Hill, base of the monument||""|
|Breakheart Banks, at the building||""|
|Boston Public Library, hall where defenses are||""|
|Boston Public Library, main entrance||""|
|Boston mayoral shelter, at the basketball court||""|
|Beantown Brewery, bottling room floor||""|
|Fallon's Department Store (West Roxbury township), by the fountain||""|
|Fallon's Department Store (West Roxbury township), by the escalators||""|
|Joe's Spuckies sandwich shop, speakeasy stairway||""|
|The Switchboard, the foyer of the agency||""|
|BADTFL regional office, evidence lockup||""|
Fallout: The Board Game
|The following is based on content from Fallout: The Board Game.|
- Piper can be found randomly when taking a card from the loot deck. While Piper is the active companion, the player character can exhaust her to explore an adjacent tile.
- When the player character performs the camp action, she will become unexhausted. However, if the player character does not have the Vilified trait, she must be discarded.
|End of information based on content from Fallout: The Board Game.|
- Fallout 4
- Fallout Shelter
- Fallout 4
- Piper briefly joined the Church of the Children of Atom by faking a vision of Atom as a ruse to prevent her own execution. She was able to escape the cult before being discovered as an imposter.
- Piper will call the player character "Blue," referring to the Sole Survivor's blue jumpsuit. If the Sole Survivor is not wearing the jumpsuit, Piper will simply say "I know you're not wearing the jumpsuit right now but the Pip-Boy and the 'fish out of water' look? Dead giveaways."
- Piper's interactions with Mayor McDonough seem to be inspired by Bob Woodward's and Carl Bernstein's reporting of the Watergate scandal which eventually led to the resignation of President Nixon. This is further lampshaded by Mayor McDonough's "I Am Not a Synth" speech.
- Piper's article The Synthetic Truth, which correctly identifies Mayor McDonough as a synth, causes Alana Secord of the Synth Retention Bureau to disavow him. This is likely the cause of the quest In Sheep's Clothing.
- If Piper is present when the player character talks to Magnolia, she will clumsily compliment her, saying "Nice set this evening, ma'am... of songs that is. Is it warm in here?"
- In the quest The Secret of Cabot House it's best to dismiss Piper before choosing the outcome of Lorenzo Cabot. She dislikes both choices, so it's a lose/lose situation with her. This can be avoided by choosing neither, and instead letting Lorenzo break free due to inaction. Successfully siding with the family through speech checks later in the quest also prevents her from disliking the player character.
- If taken to Nate/Nora's corpse in Vault 111, she will say "Is, is that who I think it is? You okay?"
- Piper has a death quote. Upon being killed, she will utter either "Blue..." or “Take care... of Nat...”
- Piper may become hostile if the player character assaults a traveling doctor or their brahmin, even when romanced.
- She will become instantly hostile toward the player character if one has killed a Diamond City security officer. Escaping the area and waiting three days should cease hostilities.
- When asked about her thoughts directly after accepting the quest Blind Betrayal, Piper will react as if the quest has already been completed, thus delivering a massive spoiler.
- If the player character has Strong as a follower, and then decides to travel with Piper, Strong will comment "This human weak, soft, not live long" to which Piper responds "Not so fast big boy, I know a few of your brothers that would disagree."
- As a journalist, Piper can be found interviewing other NPCs about various subjects, such as life in the Commonwealth, their opinions about the Institute and hope for the future.
- When at the South Boston military checkpoint, as the pre-recorded message repeats she will sarcastically comment to it, "Ugh! Yes, we hear you!"
- Piper's terminal in Publick Occurences contains every available article depending on how far one is into the main questline. It also contains reader complaints on how her articles are always negative and just trying to drum up fear for increased sales or how the Wall doesn't contribute anything to Diamond City's safety. To every complaint, there is a published response for the public and a personal response which she keeps to herself. There are also anonymous messages that are sent to Publick Occurrences for advice on a certain situation. Every one of these messages is responded to by Piper herself. Some of these situations include letting their children go and live their own life, talking to girls, and how to handle stress. One of the message's writers says that they are lonely and even asks Piper out on a date, but she declined.
- Piper had been arrested by Diamond City security so many times that, up until recently, Diamond City's jail had been called the "Piper Suite."
- If dismissed as a companion without ever specifying a destination, Piper will go to the Publick Occurrences building.
- After completing the interview for the Story of the Century quest, all items and containers within Publick Occurrences cell, including Piper's terminal, will no longer be marked as owned, and can be freely used or taken. The only exception to this is the two beds (bed and sleeping bag). Available items may include a fusion core in the suitcase under Piper's bed.
- "Why don't we ask the newcomer? Do you support the news?"
- "You can't stop the press. Oh, but they try. They try..."
- "Look, I gotta go get settled in, but, um, stop by my office later. I have an idea for an article that you would be perfect for."
- "I wonder if this is normal for other journalists..."
- "What I wouldn't give for the biggest rolled up newspaper..." – when engaging insectoid enemies
- "Now, now. Don't start what you can't finish."
- "Nice to be on the move again. Fewer paper cuts than back home"
- "Watch your digits, Blue! Ferals!" – when engaging feral ghouls
- "Catch!" – when throwing a grenade
- "You really do have a talent for finding trouble, don't you."
- "Come on, Nicky. I'm just asking for your opinion. It'd be a great quote." to Nick Valentine, to which he replies with "S/he's my client Piper. Why don't you learn not to snoop on a woman's/man's private affairs?"
- "I've heard crazier plans to do this." – When Sole Survivor tells Kent Connolly "Good for you" during The Silver Shroud.
- "I guess everyone deserves a chance at life. Even if it is life as a walking meat grinder." – If the pristine deathclaw egg is returned to the nest during The Devil's Due.
- "Oh, angry robot lady!" – When combating an Assaultron
- "Real great set this evening, ma'am. Of songs, that is. Is it warm in here?" – When talking to Magnolia and complimenting her music at the Third Rail
- "I am Handy, Destroyer of Worlds!" – While fighting the Mr. Handies at the General Atomics Galleria
- "Whose bright idea was it to arm the gardener?" – While fighting a Mr. Handy or Mr. Gutsy
- "I'm with the person I love, helping those in need. I couldn't imagine a better life."
- "What did I ever do to deserve you?"
- "Nat always said I was the lucky one. Seems Sis was right."
- "Hey doll." – Female Sole Survivor
- "Hey handsome." – Male Sole Survivor
|When Lover's Embrace is activated:
- "Lovely night."
- "Can't believe we slept this late."
- "We really have to get up?"
- "Wakey wakey, Blue. Come on. Time to move."
|When being radiated:
- "You wanna get out of here? I don't think we'd make pretty Ghouls."
- "Ugh. You feel that too? Rads."
- "Sooner we get out of this radiation, the better."
- "We're not going to stay smoothskins much longer if we don't get a move on."
- "Gonna have a lot more limbs and a lot less hair if we stick around here too much longer."
- "Take care... of Nat"
|Comments on locations:
- "A real shame. They still had a lot more rounds of musical chairs left." – When seeing what's left of the support group meeting in Vault 95.
- "Looks like we have found the secret lair of the Silver Shroud." – On the top floor of Hubris Comics.
- "Goodneighbor, huh? You lookin' to get stoned or stabbed?" – When Piper arrives for the first time in Goodneighbor.
- "Ah, the Combat Zone. No finer place to get murdered in all Commonwealth." – When arrive at the Combat Zone
- "I'm so confused. This didn't sail up here... right?" – Upon seeing the USS Constitution.
- "Place reminds me of Diamond City. Rich folks up top, everyone else down below." – Upon entering the Wildwood Cemetery.
- "Goodness, Blue, do you have a death wish? Let's get out of here!" – When approaching the Cambridge crater.
- "Blue. Something's not right here." – When arriving at Croup Manor.
|When the Brotherhood of Steel arrives in the Commonwealth:
- "I don't believe it." – When witnessing the Prydwen's arrival.
- "Have you ever seen anything like that? The airship? God, they must have an entire army on that thing." – When commenting on the Brotherhood of Steel.
| When swapping Piper with:
- Danse: "You two play nice out there.", to which Danse replies: "Only if it "plays nice" back, citizen."
- Hancock: "If it isn't my second least favorite Mayor in the Commonwealth".
- "If it isn't my second least...I guess now least favorite Mayor in the Commonwealth" – After Mayor McDonough is killed In Sheep's Clothing.
- Codsworth: "Hey Codsworth. You sure you're up for this?"
- Preston Garvey: "Well, if it ain't the pride of the Minutemen. Be safe, you two.", to which Preston replies: "We'll do our best, Piper."
- Curie: "Have fun you two. Don't pick any fights I wouldn't.", to which Curie replies: "Well I hope to not pick any at all."
- Cait: "So, no one's managed to put you in the ground yet, Cait?", to which Cait replies: "Not yet, though it isn't for a lack of tryin'."
- Deacon: "You two are heading out together? Not sure the Commonwealth's ready for that.", to which Deacon replies: "What's there to worry about? How much trouble could two people really get into?"
- Strong: "Jeez, you Mutants are not much prettier up close.", to which Strong replies: "Strong say same about little lady."
- Valentine: "So, any stories you two come across out there, I get the exclusive, right?", to which Valentine replies: "Piper, I wouldn't know who else to tell."
- MacCready: "Maybe just try not to get each other killed out there?", to which MacCready replies: "Getting us killed is the farthest thing from my mind, angel."
| When someone else is the current companion and Piper is chosen:
- Danse: "Excercise extreme caution out there, Piper. The Commonwealth is hazardous for civilians.", to which Piper replies: "I can handle myself, soldier boy."
- Dogmeat: "(sad whimper)", to which Piper replies: "Sorry, boy. Time for you to head home."
- Hancock: "Taking up with lil' miss reporter, huh? I'm jealous.", to which Piper replies: "I can't tell if this is a compliment or a pick-up line or both, so I think we're just gonna go."
- Codsworth: "Miss Wright. I trust you’ll do your best to put the safety of my master/mistress before your own personal gain?"
- Preston Garvey: "Piper. You listen to him/her now. He/She'll keep you out of trouble."
- Curie: "You know, your Publick Occurences should have scientific articles.", to which Piper replies: "You've never met our readers, have you?"
- Cait: "You two have fun together, Piper. Too bad we can't make it a threesome.", to which Piper replies: "Never gonna happen, Cait."
- Deacon: "Oh God, it's Piper. Hi, I'll be going.", to which Piper replies: "Oh, save your breathe, Deacon. I know exactly what you're going to say. "No comment"."
- Strong: "Bah! This human soft. Weak. Won't live long.", to which Piper replies: "Hey, now, big boy. I know a couple of your brothers that'd say different."
- Nick Valentine: "Traveling with Piper isn't for the faint of heart. I'd know.", to which Piper replies: "Nick. You always know just what to say."
- MacCready: "So when are we going to have that one-on-one interview, Piper?", to which Piper replies: "Oh, MacCready. Never in a million years."
- X6-88: "Our files indicate that you have a tendency to get into trouble, Piper. Try to stay out of it from now on.", to which Piper replies: "And who's gonna stop me? You?"
Behind the scenes
- In the Creation Kit, the road goggles have the editor ID "ClothesPiperGoggles." She is only ever seen wearing them pushed upon her forehead.
- In her concept art, it appears Piper would have had shorter hair. She also would have worn a fedora rather than her reporter cap. One other concept design shows her with what appears to be an aviator's cap and camera equipment on her.
- Piper will not move even if she is standing, near an enemy, shot at or interacted with at all. She can still be spoken to. She may be locked in a single position and just slide around. Fast traveling fixes this.[verified]
- Cannot romance Piper after she idolizes you (max affinity), even if the player character's charisma is maxed. The key/button to select is there, but the option to romance is blank. [verified]
- In Sheep's Clothing will seemingly fix this.[verified] Also, she may reappear at the end of the quest Reunions, trying to get an interview from Nick Valentine.[verified] Piper will mysteriously disappear from the game completely. However, starting the quest
- Piper will randomly dislike something out of nowhere, such as fast traveling, killing hostile enemies, picking unowned locks, and simply exploring. It is quite rare, but frequency increases after fast traveling to an area populated with enemies, and especially when the player is in power armor (specifically the X-01 Power Armor), although these messages take an unusually long time to appear.[verified]
- Garden Terrace) Depleting her health (tested using the PC Kill command) then stimpaking her seems to fix the problem. Alternatively, loading a save prior to her injury solves this.[verified] Sometimes when heavily injured, Piper will remain in the downed position indefinitely. She can still be spoken to, and will teleport with the Sole Survivor when traveling, via a loading zone or fast travel, but will not get up or walk. (Possibly caused by fall damage outside of combat, encountered at the
- If Piper is your romantic partner and is your companion and is wearing power armor when you are sleeping, her power armor sometimes has disappeared when you wake up. This seems to happen when you sleep in a narrow location where there is not enough space for her to step out of the armor. If you make her leave the armor before you sleep, the problem will not occur. [verified]
- Nick Valentine at the end of Reunions, she sometimes cannot become a romantic partner because the conversation assumes you have not already met her. It is best to make her a romantic partner before starting Reunions.[verified] If Piper is not made a romantic partner prior to the finishing conversation with her and
- Story of the Century and speaking to Piper, upon agreeing to do the interview. Piper will immediately skip the first question and instead ask the second and once the player gives their answer, Piper will exit the conversation rendering the quest incompletable and unable to gain Piper as a companion. Alternatively, Piper can still become a companion at the end of Reunions however due to the bugged quest, the player will be unable to dismiss Piper because all she'll want to do is the interview. The only work-around for this is to ask another companion to travel with you and have Piper return back to Publick Occurrences or any other settlements set as her home.[verification overdue] There is an unfixable bug upon receiving
- Piper Wright: "
The Sole Survivor: "I try to be."
Piper Wright: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Is Diamond City really in danger? It's not like there's Raiders pounding on the gate."
Piper Wright: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Sounds like it must be exhausting."
Piper Wright: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Scared, huh? Could've fooled me."
Piper Wright: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Couldn't agree more. How can you protect you and yours if you don't know what you're facing?"
Piper Wright: " "
(Piper Wright's dialogue) "
- The Sole Survivor: "What happened after that?"
Piper Wright: " "
(Piper Wright's dialogue)
- Piper Wright: "
The Sole Survivor: "I suppose so."
Piper Wright: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Someone poisoned you?"
Piper Wright: " "
(Piper Wright's dialogue) "
- Piper Wright: "
(Piper Wright's dialogue) "
- The Sole Survivor: "Seems that execution didn't quite take, huh?"
Piper Wright: " "
(Piper Wright's dialogue)