|For an overview of wrenches in the Fallout series of games, see Wrench.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The pipe wrench is a heavy, metal wrench, specked with rust and covered in chipped red paint. Although other wrenches appear in the game, the pipe wrench is the only one used as a makeshift melee weapon.
The pipe wrench's low weight, average swing speed and heavy damage makes it a decent low to mid-tier melee weapon. Weapon mods (in the form of gears and other metal objects held tight in the wrench's jaws) can be added on for additional damage and other effects.
Weapon modifications[edit | edit source]
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Hooked||Chance to disarm. Better damage.||Hooked||+5||+0.4||+9||–||Adhesive x2
|Heavy||Extra limb damage. Superior damage.||Weighted||+10||+0.7||+12||Blacksmith 1||Adhesive x3
|Puncturing||Armor piercing. Superior damage.||Puncturing||+10||+0.7||+13||Blacksmith 1||Adhesive x4
|Extra heavy||Chance to cripple. Extra limb damage. Superior damage.||Heavy||+15||+1.5||+22||Blacksmith 2||Adhesive x4
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Big Jim - Unique pipe wrench that has a chance to cripple legs.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Found at the Starlight Drive In in the small shack on the shelf next to the crafting station.
- One may be found in Kendall Hospital, in a room in the irradiated hallway after the deathclaw pit.
- One may be found in University Point inside Sedgwick Hall, in a third floor room with a large blackboard.
- One may be found at Thicket Excavations next to the water pump.
- One may be found in Graygarden Homestead, on a shelf in the basement.
- One may be found at the Andrew station, in a service corridor running parallel to the train tunnel.