| ||For an overview of wrenches in the Fallout series of games, see Wrench.|
The pipe wrench is a heavy, metal wrench, specked with rust and covered in chipped red paint. Although other wrenches appear in the game, the pipe wrench is the only one used as a makeshift melee weapon.
The pipe wrench's low weight, average swing speed and heavy damage makes it a decent low to mid-tier melee weapon. Weapon mods (in the form of gears and other metal objects held tight in the wrench's jaws) can be added on for additional damage and other effects.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Hooked||Chance to disarm. Better damage.||Hooked||+5||+0.4||+9||–||Adhesive x2|
|Heavy||Extra limb damage. Superior damage.||Weighted||+10||+0.7||+12||Blacksmith 1||Adhesive x3|
|Puncturing||Armor piercing. Superior damage.||Puncturing||+10||+0.7||+13||Blacksmith 1||Adhesive x4|
|Extra heavy||Chance to cripple. Extra limb damage. Superior damage.||Heavy||+15||+1.5||+22||Blacksmith 2||Adhesive x4|
- Big Jim - Unique pipe wrench that has a chance to cripple legs.
- Found at the Starlight Drive In in the small shack on the shelf next to the crafting station.
- One may be found in Kendall Hospital, in a room in the irradiated hallway after the deathclaw pit.
- One may be found in University Point inside Sedgwick Hall, in a third floor room with a large blackboard.
- One may be found at Thicket Excavations next to the water pump.