The Pioneer Scout camp, also known as Camp Lewis, was a wilderness campsite located in northern Appalachia on the shore of Grafton Lake. It was a camp for Order 451 of the Pioneer Scouts of West Virginia. Camp Lewis provided lessons and various wilderness-themed activities such as fishing, swimming, boating, cooking, archery, shooting, metalworking, crafting, and much more.
Following the events of the Great War and the subsequent environmental pollution by industrial chemicals, the toxic lake's water level rose, flooding cabin B02 and the building next to the dock that provided the lake activities.
The Pioneer Scout camp is divided into two sections of cabins: A and B. Section A has three cabins to bunk in and a separate cabin for the scouts' Expedition Leader. Section B is similar, but with two cabins instead of three. The lower section of the camp has a small shop, a two-story mess hall with a campfire and flag pole just outside its front doors, a building for camp operations, and a building next to the docks that may have been used for swimming, fishing, and boating activities.
A central feature of the camp is the adventure tower - a wooden climbable tower with a grand view of the area. Located just up the hill is one cabin used for archery and shooting lessons and two cabins for the various crafting and metalworking lessons and activities. Even further up the hill is Pioneer Scout lookout, a watchtower for surveillance over the lake.
- Notes and holotapes
- PIONEERBOOK: Foreward - Note, upstairs in the mess hall building.
- PIONEERBOOK: Fundraisers - Note, in a building a little northeast from the watchtower in the middle of the camp.
- The Domestics note 1 - Note, to the southwest, on a picnic table next to some mannequins.
- Three potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On the second floor on a ceiling beam.
- On top of the adventure tower in the middle of the camp (not the lookout tower), accessed by makeshift scaffolding from tree logs, next to a sack.
- On the edge of a picnic table in the upper dining area of the mess hall.
- Two potential magazines:
- Next to the outhouse at the archery range. Sometimes the magazine cannot be seen but it still can be picked up. While watching at the entrance of the outhouse walk around the right corner and aim at the bottom. One should now be able to pick it up.
- Inside cabin A02 with bunk beds, on the right side, in an open footlocker.
- Plans and recipes
- Plan: Crossbow - In the archery range, on a table near the shack entrance.
- Plan: Water filter - In the archery range shack.
- Potential armor plan - On a metal box in the back of a ruined truck just south of the lookout tower, between two cabins (an armor workbench can be found on the side of one of the cabins).
- Two potential recipes:
- In the mess hall kitchen, along the open window counter.
- In the mess hall kitchen, along the opposite far counter near the kitchen's wall clock.
- Salvaged Assaultron head - On a shelf in the archery range.
In one of the lakeside cabins (B01), located southwest of the vending machines, there is a safe hidden in the ceiling behind some boxes. It cannot be lockpicked, it says "Requires key" when looking at it, and activating it says "This opens elsewhere." It is not yet clear where the key is.[verified]
The Pioneer Scout camp appears only in Fallout 76.