Pi House once belonged to Pi Kappa Mu Greek Society, or "Pi Mus," a fraternity at Vault-Tec University known for its frequent parties. These events, and infractions therein, resulted in the Pi Mus' eviction on October 20, 2077. Members of the society were friends with those of the Eta Psi Epsilon Tau Greek society due to their collaboration on the Nukashine project.
When Pi Kappa Mu received the eviction note, they decided to hold a "Wild Eviction Party," an event that caused the deaths of several guests due to Nukashine poisoning. During that night, two individuals, Max Posey and another pledge were sent on a trek to become Pi Mus. They were handcuffed to a pipe and locked away in the laundry room. When everybody outside started feeling the side effects of the Nukashine, they were still conscious. At some point, the unnamed pledge tried to use a saw to escape the handcuffs, subsequently recording a holotape telling his story. In the holotape, he mentions that he had chosen not to drink the Nukashine, whereas Max did. The remains of both of the initiates can be found in the laundry room.
The house is comprised of three floors. The first floor consists of the entrance, a kitchen, and a living room with a pool table. The basement is comprised of a large room used for parties, a fairly big bathroom and a washing machine room turned into a pledges' room. On the second floor are the bedrooms with a total of three rooms and seven beds.
- Eviction notice - Note, on a table directly in front of the front door after entering the house.
- Final initiation - Holotape, on the floor of the laundry room in the basement.
- The mannequin - Note, on top of a laundry hamper in an upstairs bedroom.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - Over the window behind the door inside the room with the terminal on the first floor.
- Potential magazine - On the kitchen counter.
- Vintage Nukashine - Next to Ted's terminal, found only during the Wasted on Nukashine quest.
- The head of a Vault Boy statue can be seen in the basement. It was stolen in August, 2077, by the Pi Kappa Mu fraternity from the statue in the center of the Vault-Tec University campus.
Behind the scenes
- The song playing prominently throughout the Pi House building is "Jazz Potatoes" composed by Yvo Abadi, Manuel Dante Mathieu Faivre, and Miguel Vladimir Saboga and licensed from APM Music.[Non-game 1]
- The Pi house was designed by Steve Massey.[Non-game 2]
- From the Kosinus album Happy Old Jazz KOS-0259. It also appears on KOS-0322 Happy Old Jazz Remix.
- Steve Massey on Bethesda Game Studios Discord, June 6 2021