Assigning a settler to the phoropter will generate between 5 and 15 happiness for the settlement. The amount of happiness generated, crafting and power requirements for this object depends on the choices made during the Vision of the Future quest.
All four versions improve the Sole Survivor's Perception by 1 after use. This effect lasts until a different item of exercise equipment item is used.
The following variants can be crafted:
- Prototype – This variant is only available during Vision of the Future and can be parametered through a terminal.
- Subliminal messaging – Produces 15 happiness and requires 6 power, but has a mortality chance of 2% per day.
- Vault monitoring – Produces 5 happiness and requires 3 power, but has a mortality chance of 1% per day.
- Improved eye care – Produces 10 happiness and requires 3 power, with no chance of mortality.
The prototype is located in the Special section of the workshop crafting menu during Vision of the Future. Once the quest is finished, the phoropter is located under Resources → Vault.
- Prototype/vault monitoring
Nuclear material (25)
- Subliminal messaging
Nuclear material (5)
- Improved eye care
Nuclear material (2)
Can be crafted and used at any settlement.
Setting subliminal messages or vault monitoring along with shock parameters/buffout parameters for the Power Cycle 1000, or mood enhancer/appetite suppressant for the soda fountain will cause the first settler that was recruited to the vault to leave in protest.
Other characteristic-enhancing utilities: