On June 3, 1861, the first organized land action of the Civil War took place at this location where the Philippi Battlefield Cemetery now stands, forming part of the Western Virginia Campaign of the Civil War. The Union were victorious in this skirmish.
The Philippi Battlefield Cemetery is a Civil War museum commemorating the Battle of Philippi. consists of the cemetery itself, a small museum building and a large parking lot. As expected, the cemetery contains many graves and aster grows throughout the area. A large stone monument sits in the center of the cemetery beside an audio tour station and six historical cannons are pointed west towards Toxic Valley.
The museum is north of the cemetery. It has a Nuka-Cola machine outside, next to a pew by the front door. The museum foyer contains a long counter with a cash register on top. Behind the counter are two footlockers, a locked (Picklock 0) first aid box and several display cases containing relics from the Civil War. The display cases can be accessed by pressing the red button on the wall. There are more display cases and relics upstairs. The bottom floor of the museum contains yet more display cases, a Port-A-Diner and a door leading out back towards the parking lot.
- Rusted key - In a submerged safe in a ruined house west of the cemetery.
- Alien blaster - West of Philippi Battlefield Cemetery, inside a broken safe in a ruined house
- Civil War era suit, Civil War era dress, Union uniform and Confederate uniform - Inside the gift shop.
- Random magazine - Upstairs, on the floor by the display cases.
- Random Vault-Tec bobblehead - Behind the front counter, on the far left.
- Random weapon mod plan - On top of (or submerged in) crates stacked to the left of the display cases on the first floor.
- Random armor mod - On top of a barrel in the basement.
- Two random weapon mods:
- Behind the gift shop counter.
- On top of (or submerged in) crates stacked to the left of the display cases on the first floor.
- Random power armor mod - Behind the gift shop counter, above a footlocker.
Philippi Battlefield Cemetery appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Philippi Battlefield Cemetery may be inspired by the West Virginia National Cemetery, located near Grafton.
- ↑ Cemetery monument plaque: The Battle of Philippi formed part of the Western Virginia Campaign of the American Civil War, and was fought in and around Philippi, Virginia (now West Virginia) on June 3, 1861. A Union victory, it was the first organized land action of the war though generally viewed as a skirmish rather than a battle.